Minnesota Vikings vs Tennessee Titans: Where to Watch Live Online Stream, Betting Odds, Prediction, and Preview for Sunday’s NFL Game
October 8, 2012 4:48 AM EST
The Minnesota Vikings meet the Tennessee Titans Sunday afternoon at Mall of American Field.
The game begins at 4:25 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
The Vikings continue to be the surprise team early in the season after beating the Detroit Lions 20-13 for a tie for first place in the NFC North.
Minnesota’s special teams provided the bulk of the offense, with receiver Percy Harvin returning the opening kickoff 105 yards for a score, and cornerback Marcus Sherels running a punt back 77 yards that put the Vikings up 20-6.
The Vikings defense also held quarterback Matthew Stafford without a touchdown pass for the first time in a game since 2010.
Quarterback Christian Ponder has made leaps and bounds from his rookie season, ranking eighth in passer rating and is the only starting quarterback not to throw an interception this season.
All-Pro running back Adrian Peterson appeared to be back in top form last week, garnering 102 rushing yards, and receiver Jerome Simpson returned to the line up to lead Vikings with four receptions for 50 yards.
Tennessee will miss quarterback Jake Locker, who was starting to get more comfortable in the pocket, but separated his throwing shoulder in the Titans 38-14 drubbing by the Houston Texans.
Veteran Matt Hasselbeck will start Sunday in place of Locker, but the Tennessee will look to running back Chris Johnson to repeat his performance from last week, when he broke out of his slump for 141 yards on 25 carries. Johnson’s previous season-high was 24 yards in Week Three versus Detroit.
If Johnson is successful the Titans can control the lock and keep their struggling defense off the field. Tennessee is ranked 27 th defending both the pass and rush, and give up a league-worst 37.8 points per game.
Linebacker Colin McCarthy may return Sunday after missing three games with an ankle injury , which should bolster Tennessee’s defense.
Betting Odds: Minnesota is favored by 6 points; Over/Under: 44 points
Prediction: The Vikings couldn’t manage an offensive touchdown last week, but should be able to score against the Titans dismal defense. Arguably the two most talented running backs in the league, Johnson and Peterson could run wild in a game that should be low scoring and eventually will favor the Vikings.
Predicted Score: Minnesota 14, Tennessee 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks