Minnesota Vikings vs Tennessee Titans: Where to Watch Live Online Stream, Betting Odds, Prediction, and Preview for Sunday’s NFL Game
October 8, 2012 4:48 AM EST
The Minnesota Vikings meet the Tennessee Titans Sunday afternoon at Mall of American Field.
The game begins at 4:25 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
The Vikings continue to be the surprise team early in the season after beating the Detroit Lions 20-13 for a tie for first place in the NFC North.
Minnesota’s special teams provided the bulk of the offense, with receiver Percy Harvin returning the opening kickoff 105 yards for a score, and cornerback Marcus Sherels running a punt back 77 yards that put the Vikings up 20-6.
The Vikings defense also held quarterback Matthew Stafford without a touchdown pass for the first time in a game since 2010.
Quarterback Christian Ponder has made leaps and bounds from his rookie season, ranking eighth in passer rating and is the only starting quarterback not to throw an interception this season.
All-Pro running back Adrian Peterson appeared to be back in top form last week, garnering 102 rushing yards, and receiver Jerome Simpson returned to the line up to lead Vikings with four receptions for 50 yards.
Tennessee will miss quarterback Jake Locker, who was starting to get more comfortable in the pocket, but separated his throwing shoulder in the Titans 38-14 drubbing by the Houston Texans.
Veteran Matt Hasselbeck will start Sunday in place of Locker, but the Tennessee will look to running back Chris Johnson to repeat his performance from last week, when he broke out of his slump for 141 yards on 25 carries. Johnson’s previous season-high was 24 yards in Week Three versus Detroit.
If Johnson is successful the Titans can control the lock and keep their struggling defense off the field. Tennessee is ranked 27 th defending both the pass and rush, and give up a league-worst 37.8 points per game.
Linebacker Colin McCarthy may return Sunday after missing three games with an ankle injury , which should bolster Tennessee’s defense.
Betting Odds: Minnesota is favored by 6 points; Over/Under: 44 points
Prediction: The Vikings couldn’t manage an offensive touchdown last week, but should be able to score against the Titans dismal defense. Arguably the two most talented running backs in the league, Johnson and Peterson could run wild in a game that should be low scoring and eventually will favor the Vikings.
Predicted Score: Minnesota 14, Tennessee 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices