Minnesota Vikings vs Tennessee Titans: Where to Watch Live Online Stream, Betting Odds, Prediction, and Preview for Sunday’s NFL Game
October 8, 2012 4:48 AM EST
The Minnesota Vikings meet the Tennessee Titans Sunday afternoon at Mall of American Field.
The game begins at 4:25 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
The Vikings continue to be the surprise team early in the season after beating the Detroit Lions 20-13 for a tie for first place in the NFC North.
Minnesota’s special teams provided the bulk of the offense, with receiver Percy Harvin returning the opening kickoff 105 yards for a score, and cornerback Marcus Sherels running a punt back 77 yards that put the Vikings up 20-6.
The Vikings defense also held quarterback Matthew Stafford without a touchdown pass for the first time in a game since 2010.
Quarterback Christian Ponder has made leaps and bounds from his rookie season, ranking eighth in passer rating and is the only starting quarterback not to throw an interception this season.
All-Pro running back Adrian Peterson appeared to be back in top form last week, garnering 102 rushing yards, and receiver Jerome Simpson returned to the line up to lead Vikings with four receptions for 50 yards.
Tennessee will miss quarterback Jake Locker, who was starting to get more comfortable in the pocket, but separated his throwing shoulder in the Titans 38-14 drubbing by the Houston Texans.
Veteran Matt Hasselbeck will start Sunday in place of Locker, but the Tennessee will look to running back Chris Johnson to repeat his performance from last week, when he broke out of his slump for 141 yards on 25 carries. Johnson’s previous season-high was 24 yards in Week Three versus Detroit.
If Johnson is successful the Titans can control the lock and keep their struggling defense off the field. Tennessee is ranked 27 th defending both the pass and rush, and give up a league-worst 37.8 points per game.
Linebacker Colin McCarthy may return Sunday after missing three games with an ankle injury , which should bolster Tennessee’s defense.
Betting Odds: Minnesota is favored by 6 points; Over/Under: 44 points
Prediction: The Vikings couldn’t manage an offensive touchdown last week, but should be able to score against the Titans dismal defense. Arguably the two most talented running backs in the league, Johnson and Peterson could run wild in a game that should be low scoring and eventually will favor the Vikings.
Predicted Score: Minnesota 14, Tennessee 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown