La Liga Big Fight: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid Live Coverage Information; Lionel Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 8, 2012 2:12 AM EST
Match between arch rivals Barcelona and Real Madrid is nothing short of a treat because of the quality of the game whenever they meet. All eyes are on them again as they are playing against each other in the La Liga 2012-13 tonight.
Live Coverage Information:
Barcelona vs Real Madrid match will be telecast live at 23:20 (IST) and it will be aired on Star Sports channel.
Barcelona is in great form, not conceding defeat in the La Liga matches played so far. The worrying factor for Jose Mourinho's side is that they have won just one of their last eight La Liga matches against Tito Vilanova's side.
In the last two encounters, Barcelona defeated Real Madrid 3-2 at Nou Camp in the Spanish Super Cup 2012 in August but lost 1-2 to their arch rivals in the final and thus let Real Madrid lift Spanish Super Cup after four years.
All eyes are on Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo whenever Barcelona and Real Madrid play against each other and Sunday's match is no exception. Both of them have scored six goals each in the La Liga this season, next only to Radamel Falcao, who has scored seven goals. So, who will score tonight and lead their team to a win? We will witness it a few hours from now.
Barcelona: Carles Puyol and Thiago Alcantara have been ruled out of Sunday's match due to injury and Gerard Pique is also unlikely to make it. So, midfielders Alex Song and Javier Mascherano are likely to keep the defense.
Real Madrid: Jose Mourinho has no major injury. Sami Khedira and Angel Di Maria may return to the tam on Sunday.
Performances of the Teams in La Liga 2012-13:
Barcelona: Tito Vilanova's side has a wonderful start in the ongoing La Liga winning all the matches played so far and is on top of the table with 18 points. They beat Real Sociedad 5-1 in the opening match and went on to beat Osasuna, Valencia, Getafe, Granada and Sevilla FC.
Real Madrid: Jose Mourinho's side had a bad start to the La Liga. With three wins, one draw and two losses from six matches, Real Madrid stands in the seventh position of the table with 10 points.
Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Song, Mascherano, Adriano, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Sanchez
Real Madrid: Casillas, Arbeloa, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo, Khedira, Alonso, Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo, Benzema
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon