La Liga Big Fight: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid Live Coverage Information; Lionel Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 8, 2012 2:12 AM EST
Match between arch rivals Barcelona and Real Madrid is nothing short of a treat because of the quality of the game whenever they meet. All eyes are on them again as they are playing against each other in the La Liga 2012-13 tonight.
Live Coverage Information:
Barcelona vs Real Madrid match will be telecast live at 23:20 (IST) and it will be aired on Star Sports channel.
Barcelona is in great form, not conceding defeat in the La Liga matches played so far. The worrying factor for Jose Mourinho's side is that they have won just one of their last eight La Liga matches against Tito Vilanova's side.
In the last two encounters, Barcelona defeated Real Madrid 3-2 at Nou Camp in the Spanish Super Cup 2012 in August but lost 1-2 to their arch rivals in the final and thus let Real Madrid lift Spanish Super Cup after four years.
All eyes are on Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo whenever Barcelona and Real Madrid play against each other and Sunday's match is no exception. Both of them have scored six goals each in the La Liga this season, next only to Radamel Falcao, who has scored seven goals. So, who will score tonight and lead their team to a win? We will witness it a few hours from now.
Barcelona: Carles Puyol and Thiago Alcantara have been ruled out of Sunday's match due to injury and Gerard Pique is also unlikely to make it. So, midfielders Alex Song and Javier Mascherano are likely to keep the defense.
Real Madrid: Jose Mourinho has no major injury. Sami Khedira and Angel Di Maria may return to the tam on Sunday.
Performances of the Teams in La Liga 2012-13:
Barcelona: Tito Vilanova's side has a wonderful start in the ongoing La Liga winning all the matches played so far and is on top of the table with 18 points. They beat Real Sociedad 5-1 in the opening match and went on to beat Osasuna, Valencia, Getafe, Granada and Sevilla FC.
Real Madrid: Jose Mourinho's side had a bad start to the La Liga. With three wins, one draw and two losses from six matches, Real Madrid stands in the seventh position of the table with 10 points.
Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Song, Mascherano, Adriano, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Sanchez
Real Madrid: Casillas, Arbeloa, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo, Khedira, Alonso, Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo, Benzema
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar