La Liga Big Fight: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid Live Coverage Information; Lionel Messi Vs Cristiano Ronaldo
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 8, 2012 2:12 AM EST
Match between arch rivals Barcelona and Real Madrid is nothing short of a treat because of the quality of the game whenever they meet. All eyes are on them again as they are playing against each other in the La Liga 2012-13 tonight.
Live Coverage Information:
Barcelona vs Real Madrid match will be telecast live at 23:20 (IST) and it will be aired on Star Sports channel.
Barcelona is in great form, not conceding defeat in the La Liga matches played so far. The worrying factor for Jose Mourinho's side is that they have won just one of their last eight La Liga matches against Tito Vilanova's side.
In the last two encounters, Barcelona defeated Real Madrid 3-2 at Nou Camp in the Spanish Super Cup 2012 in August but lost 1-2 to their arch rivals in the final and thus let Real Madrid lift Spanish Super Cup after four years.
All eyes are on Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo whenever Barcelona and Real Madrid play against each other and Sunday's match is no exception. Both of them have scored six goals each in the La Liga this season, next only to Radamel Falcao, who has scored seven goals. So, who will score tonight and lead their team to a win? We will witness it a few hours from now.
Barcelona: Carles Puyol and Thiago Alcantara have been ruled out of Sunday's match due to injury and Gerard Pique is also unlikely to make it. So, midfielders Alex Song and Javier Mascherano are likely to keep the defense.
Real Madrid: Jose Mourinho has no major injury. Sami Khedira and Angel Di Maria may return to the tam on Sunday.
Performances of the Teams in La Liga 2012-13:
Barcelona: Tito Vilanova's side has a wonderful start in the ongoing La Liga winning all the matches played so far and is on top of the table with 18 points. They beat Real Sociedad 5-1 in the opening match and went on to beat Osasuna, Valencia, Getafe, Granada and Sevilla FC.
Real Madrid: Jose Mourinho's side had a bad start to the La Liga. With three wins, one draw and two losses from six matches, Real Madrid stands in the seventh position of the table with 10 points.
Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Song, Mascherano, Adriano, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Sanchez
Real Madrid: Casillas, Arbeloa, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo, Khedira, Alonso, Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo, Benzema
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28