Washington Redskins vs Atlanta Falcons : Where to Watch Live Online Stream, Betting Odds, Prediction, and Preview for Sunday’s NFL Game
October 8, 2012 1:41 AM EST
The Washington Redskins battle the Atlanta Falcons Sunday afternoon at FedEx Field.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Rookie Robert Griffin III was named the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month after another top performance in the Redskins 24-22 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Griffin led Washington down the field on their final drive and set up kicker Billy Cundiff for the game-winning 41-yard field goal with three seconds remaining.
The former Baylor star completed his second 300-yard passing game of the season, and went 26-for-35 for 323 yards, and rushed for 36 yards and a touchdown.
With Griffin at the helm, the Washington offense is third in total yards with 1,687, fourth in points with 30.8 per game and first in rushing yards, gaining 171.0 a game.
Right behind Griffin in the Redskins No. 2 ranked rushing offense is fellow rookie Alfred Morris, who recorded 113 yards on the 21 carries for his first career 100-yard game last week, and is now fifth in the NFL in rushing.
With the offense humming, Washington’s secondary has struggled throughout the season. The Redskins unfortunately boast the 31st ranked passing defense in the NFL, surrendering 326.2 passing yards per game, and in their first four games at least one receiver has recorded a 100-plus yard game.
Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan, who leads the NFL with a 112.1 passer rating, will look to exploit the Washington secondary and keep his Falcons undefeated.
Ryan found veteran receiver Roddy White for eight receptions for 169 yards and two touchdowns, and brought the Falcons back from a 4-point deficit with two straight drives resulting in field goals to squelch the Carolina Panthers 30-28 last Sunday.
Running back Michael Turner ran down 103 yards on 13 carries, but also tallied three receptions for 68 yards and a touchdown.
Carolina built their initial lead with 199 rushing yards, which is a growing problem for Atlanta. The Falcons are currently 29th in rush defense, giving up 146.3 rushing yards per game.
Betting Odds: Atlanta is favored by 3 points; Over/Under: 50 points
Prediction: Griffin and company should run all over the Falcons, but Washington’s secondary will have to confuse Ryan at the line of scrimmage for any chance to contain him. This will be a high-scoring game, and Washington will snap their seven-game home losing streak.
Predicted Score: Washington 35, Atlanta 28
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage