Real Madrid vs Barcelona; Where and When to Watch, Predicted Line-ups, Preview, and Prediction for El Clasico
October 8, 2012 1:47 AM EST
Real Madrid will try to avoid an 11 point hole in the La Liga standings as they challenge Barcelona in the latest El Clasico Sunday at Camp Nou.
Already eight points behind Barcelona, Los Blancos are currently in sixth place in La Liga and have two losses against them after six matches.
Sunday’s match will be pivotal for the rest of Madrid’s season, and a loss could prove fatal to a team that is already struggling with internal strife. Forward Cristiano Ronaldo has had his share of public run-ins with club officials, and also had a reported falling out with defender Sergio Ramos and forward Mesut Ozil.
First place Barcelona have continued the winning ways that earned them the La Liga title last season, but are also coping with injuries to the back line.
The Catalans Carles Puyol suffered a gruesome elbow dislocation that could keep him out for up to six weeks, and defender Gerard Pique is working through a foot injury. Cameroon national Alex Song may have to step in for Pique, and Javier Mascherano could move back to shore up the back line in Puyol’s absence.
The match begins at 1:50 p.m. EDT and will be broadcast by beIN Sport and Sky Sports 1.
D Coentrao, Pepe, S. Ramos, Marcelo
M Khedira, X. Alonso, A. Di Maria, M. Ozil
F Benzema, C. Ronaldo
G V. Valdes
D Adriano, A. Song, Mascherano, D. Alves,
M Busquets, Fabregas, Xavi
F Messi, Sanchez
Prediction: Real desperately need this win to have any chance going forward this season, and Barcelona knows they can put away their stiffest competition in the league. Still the injuries to the Catalans back line will prove too much and Madrid should earn the victory.
Predicted score: Real Madrid 3, Barcelona 2
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’