Real Madrid vs Barcelona; Where and When to Watch, Predicted Line-ups, Preview, and Prediction for El Clasico
October 8, 2012 1:47 AM EST
Real Madrid will try to avoid an 11 point hole in the La Liga standings as they challenge Barcelona in the latest El Clasico Sunday at Camp Nou.
Already eight points behind Barcelona, Los Blancos are currently in sixth place in La Liga and have two losses against them after six matches.
Sunday’s match will be pivotal for the rest of Madrid’s season, and a loss could prove fatal to a team that is already struggling with internal strife. Forward Cristiano Ronaldo has had his share of public run-ins with club officials, and also had a reported falling out with defender Sergio Ramos and forward Mesut Ozil.
First place Barcelona have continued the winning ways that earned them the La Liga title last season, but are also coping with injuries to the back line.
The Catalans Carles Puyol suffered a gruesome elbow dislocation that could keep him out for up to six weeks, and defender Gerard Pique is working through a foot injury. Cameroon national Alex Song may have to step in for Pique, and Javier Mascherano could move back to shore up the back line in Puyol’s absence.
The match begins at 1:50 p.m. EDT and will be broadcast by beIN Sport and Sky Sports 1.
D Coentrao, Pepe, S. Ramos, Marcelo
M Khedira, X. Alonso, A. Di Maria, M. Ozil
F Benzema, C. Ronaldo
G V. Valdes
D Adriano, A. Song, Mascherano, D. Alves,
M Busquets, Fabregas, Xavi
F Messi, Sanchez
Prediction: Real desperately need this win to have any chance going forward this season, and Barcelona knows they can put away their stiffest competition in the league. Still the injuries to the Catalans back line will prove too much and Madrid should earn the victory.
Predicted score: Real Madrid 3, Barcelona 2
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People