PlayStation Mobile app can be now installed on any rooted Android
Sony has released PlayStation Mobile, which brings a PlayStation-like gaming experience to certified devices, including certain Android smartphones and tablets. Gamers with an account on Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) can download a variety of content. Sony has confirmed it will expand the content on PlayStation Mobile but as of now the official blog notes a couple of independent video games such as Loot The Land, Beats Slider and Super Crate Box.
The software has been released for the Sony Tablet P, S and Xperia Tablet S, and the One series of smartphones from HTC. For a full list of compatible devices, click here. If your device is not one of these, you can still access PlayStation Mobile, via a zip archive.
Here is how to install PlayStation Mobile.
- Rooted Android device
- ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery to be installed
- Latest version of PlayStation Mobile APK for Android (here)
- Zip package (here)
- Ensure the battery of the device is charged and remember to back up important data and documents before proceeding. IBTimes UK warns its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during the installation.
To Install PlayStation Mobile on Rooted Android Devices
- Download and install PlayStation Mobile APK on Android device
- Download PlayStation Mobile app helper files (the Zip package)
- Switch off Android device and place in Recovery Mode
- Install Zip package and reboot device after installation
PlayStation Mobile should now be working on the Android device. Remember to create an SEN account (if you do not already have one) to access the app.
[Source: Team Android and iJailbreak]
To contact the editor, e-mail: