Missing April Jones: Hundreds to Attend Special Church Service in her Honour
By Geetha Pillai | October 7, 2012 3:46 PM EST
Hundreds of people in and around the neighbourhood of Machynlleth will be attending a special church service in honour of the missing five-year-old girl, April Jones.
The prayers will be led by the Bishop of Bangor, the Right Reverend Andrew John.
"We have a service planned with hymns, prayers, children's readings," the Bishop told Sky News.
"We are going to use pink, there will be a book of hope which has prayers and thoughts all for April, that will be processed down the church and placed on the altar, a pink candle, her favourite colour will be lit."
Meanwhile, Mark Bridger, 46, was charged with the murder of April, who went missing near her home on 1 October. He was also charged with child abduction and perverting the course of justice.
Iwan Jenkins, District Crown Prosecutor from the Crown Prosecution Service said there are "sufficient evidence to charge Mark Bridger with the murder of April Jones, and that it is in the public interest to do so.
"I have also concluded that there is sufficient evidence to charge the defendant with attempting to pervert the course of justice and child abduction.
"Accordingly, I have authorised Dyfed Powys Police to charge him with these offences and he will appear before Aberystwyth Magistrates' Court on Monday morning."
Dyfed-Powys Police said they would continue search for April and are hopeful of getting some result.
"Our efforts to find April will be as meticulous as they have been from the outset of this inquiry until we have exhausted all available options," said Jackie Roberts, Chief Constable of Dyfed-Powys Police.
Apart from specialised police teams, hundreds of volunteers from the locality are actively participating in the search for the child.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools