Oregon vs Washington, Where and When to Watch Free Online Stream, Betting Odds, Prediction, Preview for Saturday’s College Football Game
October 7, 2012 12:02 PM EST
The Oregon Ducks host the Washington Huskies Saturday night at Autzen Stadium in a Pac-12 showdown.
No. 2 Oregon held on to their ranking and perfect record with a 21-point third quarter in their 51-26 rout of Washington State last week.
Senior running back Kenjon Barner gained 232 yards from scrimmage and four touchdowns, and quarterback Marcus Mariota rushed for a 13-yard score and tossed a 30-yard touchdown to Barner in the second quarter. Mariota went 21-for-32 for 169 yards, and also recorded two interceptions, but the Ducks’ defense picked up his slack.
Junior cornerback Avery Patterson returned an interception 34 yards to pay dirt to put Oregon up 37-19.
"It was definitely a momentum shift and we took it and ran with it," Patterson said to the Associated Press.
Oregon will not be looking past the No. 23 Huskies, who joined the Top 25 after defeating then-No. 8 Stanford 17-13 last Thursday.
Washington’s defense turned out a brilliant performance against the Cardinal, allowing only 235 total yards, and running back Bishop Sankey carried 20 times for 144 yards and a touchdown.
The Huskies were down 13-3 with less than three minutes left in the third quarter until Sankey broke off a 61-yard touchdown run for a score of 13-10.
Washington receiver Kasen Williams caught a 35-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Keith Price with 4:53 left in the game, and the Huskies defense intercepted Stanford junior Josh Nunes in the final minute to seal the win.
Williams caught 10 passes for 129 yards, and Price went 19-for-37 for 177 yards and an interception.
Betting Odds: Oregon is favored by 24.5 points
Over/Under: 63 points
Prediction: Oregon responded with an offensive flurry after a poor start against Washington State, and should avoid the same pitfall against the Huskies Saturday. Sankey will have to produce another big game for Washington to overcome Barner and De’Anthony Thomas. Oregon should close out the game early with quick strikes and retain their ranking.
Predicted Score: Oregon 42 , Washington 17
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools