Ohio State vs Nebraska, Where and When to Watch, Betting Odds, Prediction, Preview for Saturday’s College Football Game
October 7, 2012 7:20 AM EST
The Ohio State Buckeyes face the Nebraska Cornhuskers Saturday night in Big Ten Conference action at Ohio Stadium.
While he 12th ranked and undefeated Buckeyes cannot compete for a national or conference title due to NCAA penalties, they still continue to roll out victories like their 17-16 nail-biter versus Michigan State on Sept. 29.
Versatile quarterback Braxton Miller threw for 179 yards and rushed for 136 in the victory over the Spartans, hooking up with junior wide receiver Philly Brown for 12 catches and 84 yards.
Miller leads Ohio State in passing and rushing, scoring 15 touchdowns and tallying 1,510 total yards on the year.
The Cornhuskers also sport a dynamic, play-making quarterback in junior Taylor Martinez.
No. 21 Nebraska staged a 17-point comeback last week against Wisconsin, en route to a 30-27 win with Martinez leading four straight scoring drives in the second half.
The Badgers opened up a 27-10 lead in the third quarter after running back Montee Ball scored on a two-yard run, but Martinez responded with a 38-yard dash for a touchdown, and then connected with senior tight end Kyler Reed for a 10-yard score.
Martinez went 17-for-29 for 181 yards and two touchdowns, and also rushed for another 107 yards and a score.
Along with Martinez, sophomore runner Ameer Abdullah leads Nebraska’s fifth ranked rushing offense that gains 305.8 yards on the ground per game. Abdullah has 486 yards and five touchdowns so far this season.
The contest begins at 8 p.m. EDT and will be broadcast by ABC.
Betting Odds: Ohio State is favored by 3.5 points.
Over/Under: 56 points
Prediction: There is huge potential for this game to be a shootout led by Miller and Martinez. Ohio State will have to find a way to hinder the Badgers’ rush, and if successful the Buckeyes should walk away with a tight victory.
Predicted Score: Ohio State 30 , Nebraska 24
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions