Ohio State vs Nebraska, Where and When to Watch, Betting Odds, Prediction, Preview for Saturday’s College Football Game
October 7, 2012 7:20 AM EST
The Ohio State Buckeyes face the Nebraska Cornhuskers Saturday night in Big Ten Conference action at Ohio Stadium.
While he 12th ranked and undefeated Buckeyes cannot compete for a national or conference title due to NCAA penalties, they still continue to roll out victories like their 17-16 nail-biter versus Michigan State on Sept. 29.
Versatile quarterback Braxton Miller threw for 179 yards and rushed for 136 in the victory over the Spartans, hooking up with junior wide receiver Philly Brown for 12 catches and 84 yards.
Miller leads Ohio State in passing and rushing, scoring 15 touchdowns and tallying 1,510 total yards on the year.
The Cornhuskers also sport a dynamic, play-making quarterback in junior Taylor Martinez.
No. 21 Nebraska staged a 17-point comeback last week against Wisconsin, en route to a 30-27 win with Martinez leading four straight scoring drives in the second half.
The Badgers opened up a 27-10 lead in the third quarter after running back Montee Ball scored on a two-yard run, but Martinez responded with a 38-yard dash for a touchdown, and then connected with senior tight end Kyler Reed for a 10-yard score.
Martinez went 17-for-29 for 181 yards and two touchdowns, and also rushed for another 107 yards and a score.
Along with Martinez, sophomore runner Ameer Abdullah leads Nebraska’s fifth ranked rushing offense that gains 305.8 yards on the ground per game. Abdullah has 486 yards and five touchdowns so far this season.
The contest begins at 8 p.m. EDT and will be broadcast by ABC.
Betting Odds: Ohio State is favored by 3.5 points.
Over/Under: 56 points
Prediction: There is huge potential for this game to be a shootout led by Miller and Martinez. Ohio State will have to find a way to hinder the Badgers’ rush, and if successful the Buckeyes should walk away with a tight victory.
Predicted Score: Ohio State 30 , Nebraska 24
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June