Ohio State vs Nebraska, Where and When to Watch, Betting Odds, Prediction, Preview for Saturday’s College Football Game
October 7, 2012 7:20 AM EST
The Ohio State Buckeyes face the Nebraska Cornhuskers Saturday night in Big Ten Conference action at Ohio Stadium.
While he 12th ranked and undefeated Buckeyes cannot compete for a national or conference title due to NCAA penalties, they still continue to roll out victories like their 17-16 nail-biter versus Michigan State on Sept. 29.
Versatile quarterback Braxton Miller threw for 179 yards and rushed for 136 in the victory over the Spartans, hooking up with junior wide receiver Philly Brown for 12 catches and 84 yards.
Miller leads Ohio State in passing and rushing, scoring 15 touchdowns and tallying 1,510 total yards on the year.
The Cornhuskers also sport a dynamic, play-making quarterback in junior Taylor Martinez.
No. 21 Nebraska staged a 17-point comeback last week against Wisconsin, en route to a 30-27 win with Martinez leading four straight scoring drives in the second half.
The Badgers opened up a 27-10 lead in the third quarter after running back Montee Ball scored on a two-yard run, but Martinez responded with a 38-yard dash for a touchdown, and then connected with senior tight end Kyler Reed for a 10-yard score.
Martinez went 17-for-29 for 181 yards and two touchdowns, and also rushed for another 107 yards and a score.
Along with Martinez, sophomore runner Ameer Abdullah leads Nebraska’s fifth ranked rushing offense that gains 305.8 yards on the ground per game. Abdullah has 486 yards and five touchdowns so far this season.
The contest begins at 8 p.m. EDT and will be broadcast by ABC.
Betting Odds: Ohio State is favored by 3.5 points.
Over/Under: 56 points
Prediction: There is huge potential for this game to be a shootout led by Miller and Martinez. Ohio State will have to find a way to hinder the Badgers’ rush, and if successful the Buckeyes should walk away with a tight victory.
Predicted Score: Ohio State 30 , Nebraska 24
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed