Ohio State vs Nebraska, Where and When to Watch, Betting Odds, Prediction, Preview for Saturday’s College Football Game
October 7, 2012 7:20 AM EST
The Ohio State Buckeyes face the Nebraska Cornhuskers Saturday night in Big Ten Conference action at Ohio Stadium.
While he 12th ranked and undefeated Buckeyes cannot compete for a national or conference title due to NCAA penalties, they still continue to roll out victories like their 17-16 nail-biter versus Michigan State on Sept. 29.
Versatile quarterback Braxton Miller threw for 179 yards and rushed for 136 in the victory over the Spartans, hooking up with junior wide receiver Philly Brown for 12 catches and 84 yards.
Miller leads Ohio State in passing and rushing, scoring 15 touchdowns and tallying 1,510 total yards on the year.
The Cornhuskers also sport a dynamic, play-making quarterback in junior Taylor Martinez.
No. 21 Nebraska staged a 17-point comeback last week against Wisconsin, en route to a 30-27 win with Martinez leading four straight scoring drives in the second half.
The Badgers opened up a 27-10 lead in the third quarter after running back Montee Ball scored on a two-yard run, but Martinez responded with a 38-yard dash for a touchdown, and then connected with senior tight end Kyler Reed for a 10-yard score.
Martinez went 17-for-29 for 181 yards and two touchdowns, and also rushed for another 107 yards and a score.
Along with Martinez, sophomore runner Ameer Abdullah leads Nebraska’s fifth ranked rushing offense that gains 305.8 yards on the ground per game. Abdullah has 486 yards and five touchdowns so far this season.
The contest begins at 8 p.m. EDT and will be broadcast by ABC.
Betting Odds: Ohio State is favored by 3.5 points.
Over/Under: 56 points
Prediction: There is huge potential for this game to be a shootout led by Miller and Martinez. Ohio State will have to find a way to hinder the Badgers’ rush, and if successful the Buckeyes should walk away with a tight victory.
Predicted Score: Ohio State 30 , Nebraska 24
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues