Notre Dame vs Miami, Where and When to Watch, Betting Odds, Prediction, Preview for Saturday’s College Football Game
October 7, 2012 7:15 AM EST
Two of the most accomplished programs in college football clash Saturday as the Notre Dame Fighting Irish face the Miami Hurricanes at Soldier Field in the annual Shamrock Series game.
This is the first regular season match-up between the once rival schools since 1990.
The ninth-ranked Irish aim to stay perfect after their bye week, and the defense looks to repeat their performance in the 13-6 win against Michigan on Sept. 22.
Senior linebacker Manti Te’o picked off Wolverines quarterback Denard Robinson twice, and the defense gobbled up another three interceptions and forced a fumble, completely flummoxing the Michigan offense.
Quarterback Tommy Rees recorded Notre Dame’s only touchdown on a two-yard run, and kicker Kyle Brindza knocked in two field goals to cap the Irish scoring.
Like Notre Dame, Miami is in the middle of a resurgent year, and their offense looked like some of the Hurricanes' legendary teams of the 1980s last week, gaining 651 yards in a nail-biting 44-37 win over North Carolina State.
Hurricanes quarterback Stephen Morris hit receiver Philip Dorsett with 19 seconds remaining for a 62-yard touchdown and the win. Morris set a new school and Atlantic Coast Conference record with 566 yards passing on the day, along with six touchdowns.
Dorsett accounted for 197 of those yards and two scores, while receiver Rashawn Scott had six catches for 180 yards and two touchdowns of his own.
Morris and his crew will have a difficult time against the Irish's fourth-ranked defense that has not allowed a touchdown since Sept. 8 against Purdue.
The contest begins at 7 p.m. EDT and will be broadcast by NBC.
Betting Odds: Notre Dame is favored by 14 points.
Over/Under: 54 points
Prediction: Notre Dame’s rushing attack should keep Morris off the field, and the Irish defense may let up a touchdown, but ultimately will shut down Miami in a rousing win.
Predicted Score: Notre Dame 24, Miami 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop