Notre Dame vs Miami, Where and When to Watch, Betting Odds, Prediction, Preview for Saturday’s College Football Game
October 7, 2012 7:15 AM EST
Two of the most accomplished programs in college football clash Saturday as the Notre Dame Fighting Irish face the Miami Hurricanes at Soldier Field in the annual Shamrock Series game.
This is the first regular season match-up between the once rival schools since 1990.
The ninth-ranked Irish aim to stay perfect after their bye week, and the defense looks to repeat their performance in the 13-6 win against Michigan on Sept. 22.
Senior linebacker Manti Te’o picked off Wolverines quarterback Denard Robinson twice, and the defense gobbled up another three interceptions and forced a fumble, completely flummoxing the Michigan offense.
Quarterback Tommy Rees recorded Notre Dame’s only touchdown on a two-yard run, and kicker Kyle Brindza knocked in two field goals to cap the Irish scoring.
Like Notre Dame, Miami is in the middle of a resurgent year, and their offense looked like some of the Hurricanes' legendary teams of the 1980s last week, gaining 651 yards in a nail-biting 44-37 win over North Carolina State.
Hurricanes quarterback Stephen Morris hit receiver Philip Dorsett with 19 seconds remaining for a 62-yard touchdown and the win. Morris set a new school and Atlantic Coast Conference record with 566 yards passing on the day, along with six touchdowns.
Dorsett accounted for 197 of those yards and two scores, while receiver Rashawn Scott had six catches for 180 yards and two touchdowns of his own.
Morris and his crew will have a difficult time against the Irish's fourth-ranked defense that has not allowed a touchdown since Sept. 8 against Purdue.
The contest begins at 7 p.m. EDT and will be broadcast by NBC.
Betting Odds: Notre Dame is favored by 14 points.
Over/Under: 54 points
Prediction: Notre Dame’s rushing attack should keep Morris off the field, and the Irish defense may let up a touchdown, but ultimately will shut down Miami in a rousing win.
Predicted Score: Notre Dame 24, Miami 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Badly Wants Mayweather vs. Pacquiao At Cowboys Stadium
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies