'Tanning Mom' Patricia Krentcil Challenges 'Octomom' Nadya Suleman To Celebrity Boxing Match
By IB Times Staff Reporter | October 7, 2012 6:56 AM EST
The sports world’s highly demanded boxing match between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather might have some competition now that Patricia Krentcil, who is better known as the "Tanning Mom," has challenged "Octomom" Nayda Suleman to step in the ring.
“I could beat her,” Krentcil told the Huffington Post. “But I’d probably break a nail, and these nails are moneymakers.”
The “tanning mom” has been in the news of late because of her alleged decision to bring her six-year-old daughter to a tanning salon, which led to her arrest on second-degree child endangerment charges. Krentcil has repeatedly said how proud she is of her own tanning habits, although her orange skin has made her the target of jokes everywhere from the New York Post to “Saturday Night Live.”
She pleaded not guilty to the charge of second-degree child endangerment, but the arrest only seems to have emboldened her. Krentcil’s statements don’t reveal any evidence of being intimidated by the Octomom, who has quite a bit of experience in the world of celebrity boxing.
Suleman first entered the ring after she gained notoriety for giving birth to eight children and starring in a failed reality show about her life. Along with boxing, Suleman has also ventured into the world of adult entertainment, making her own pornography video titled “Octomom Home Alone.”
The Octomom’s luck didn’t stretch into the ring, though, as Celebrity Boxing CEO Damon Feldman had previously kicked her off the circuit after she failed to show up for scheduled appearances and because she “owes people money and doesn’t want to pay.”
Feldman seems to have changed his tune now that the Tanning Mom presents a new publicity opportunity for his company.
“I would love to see this match -- it would be amazing,” he told the Huffington Post. “Personally, I think Octomom would win. She’s in great shape. She works out two, three hours a day. She’s a physical woman. But Tanning Mom would be interesting, she’d be a personality and would be competitive.”
He also gave Suleman better odds than Krentcil, saying “Two-to-one Octomom, but it’s boxing so you never know.”
The octomom didn’t comment on Krentcil’s challenge but her financial troubles seem to be behind her, in part because of her foray into the porn world and stripping. Her Orange County home went into foreclosure after she failed to pay the bills, but she has found a new place for her 14 kids, according to the New York Daily News. She moved last month into a 5-bedroom, 3-bathroom home for $2,150 per month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced