VIDEO Arsenal 3-1 West Ham: Highlights, Gunners Dominant Second Half in Victory Over Irons
October 7, 2012 6:00 AM EST
Arsenal broke through a 1-1 tie with a dominant second half, netting two goals in the final 13 minutes for a 3-1 victory against West Ham United at Upton Park Saturday.
Striker Olivier Giroud got the Gunners' offense rolling on a fast break by converting a cross from Lukas Podolski right in front of the net in the 41st minute.
Giroud later assisted on forward Theo Walcott’s go-ahead goal in the 77th minute from the right side of the box. Just six minutes later, Walcott assisted winger Santi Carzola on his deep goal from way outside of the box to cap the scoring.
The Gunners were down 1-0 early in the first half after Irons midfielder Mohamed Diame dribbled past the back line and fired a goal to the top right corner from the left side of the area in the 21st minute. Diame then was issued a yellow card in the 22nd, one of three for West Ham on the day.
Arsenal poured on their offense, firing off 21 shots with seven on goal, and also earned 16 corner kicks to West Ham’s four.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People