VIDEO Arsenal 3-1 West Ham: Highlights, Gunners Dominant Second Half in Victory Over Irons
October 7, 2012 6:00 AM EST
Arsenal broke through a 1-1 tie with a dominant second half, netting two goals in the final 13 minutes for a 3-1 victory against West Ham United at Upton Park Saturday.
Striker Olivier Giroud got the Gunners' offense rolling on a fast break by converting a cross from Lukas Podolski right in front of the net in the 41st minute.
Giroud later assisted on forward Theo Walcott’s go-ahead goal in the 77th minute from the right side of the box. Just six minutes later, Walcott assisted winger Santi Carzola on his deep goal from way outside of the box to cap the scoring.
The Gunners were down 1-0 early in the first half after Irons midfielder Mohamed Diame dribbled past the back line and fired a goal to the top right corner from the left side of the area in the 21st minute. Diame then was issued a yellow card in the 22nd, one of three for West Ham on the day.
Arsenal poured on their offense, firing off 21 shots with seven on goal, and also earned 16 corner kicks to West Ham’s four.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider