VIDEO Arsenal 3-1 West Ham: Highlights, Gunners Dominant Second Half in Victory Over Irons
October 7, 2012 6:00 AM EST
Arsenal broke through a 1-1 tie with a dominant second half, netting two goals in the final 13 minutes for a 3-1 victory against West Ham United at Upton Park Saturday.
Striker Olivier Giroud got the Gunners' offense rolling on a fast break by converting a cross from Lukas Podolski right in front of the net in the 41st minute.
Giroud later assisted on forward Theo Walcott’s go-ahead goal in the 77th minute from the right side of the box. Just six minutes later, Walcott assisted winger Santi Carzola on his deep goal from way outside of the box to cap the scoring.
The Gunners were down 1-0 early in the first half after Irons midfielder Mohamed Diame dribbled past the back line and fired a goal to the top right corner from the left side of the area in the 21st minute. Diame then was issued a yellow card in the 22nd, one of three for West Ham on the day.
Arsenal poured on their offense, firing off 21 shots with seven on goal, and also earned 16 corner kicks to West Ham’s four.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand