LSU vs Florida, Where to Watch Free Live Online Stream Betting Odds, Prediction, Preview for Saturday’s College Football Game
October 7, 2012 3:05 AM EST
Seeking their first big victory of the season, the LSU Tigers clash with the Florida Gators Saturday afternoon at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
No. 4 LSU overcame four fumbles and an early scare from Towson last week a 38-22 home victory, struggling to close out a lesser opponent for the second straight week.
LSU nearly suffered their first loss of the season against Auburn on Sept. 22, needing three straight stops in the fourth quarter as the offense failed to build on their lead.
Tigers quarterback Zach Mettenberger was responsible for two of the fumbles, but weathered a Towson 9-7 lead with two touchdown passes of 27 and 53 yards to receiver Odell Beckham. Mettenberger went 15-for-26 for 238 yards and the two scores, and Beckham totaled five receptions for 128 yards.
Towson was able to hold LSU’s 18 th ranked rushing attack to 158 yards, and it was the first time this season that a Tigers running back failed to gain at least 90 yards. Wide receiver Russell Shepard led the team in rushing and recorded LSU’s longest run with a 78-yard touchdown scamper in the first quarter.
The Tigers will face their toughest test of the season thus far against Florida’s 10th ranked defense.
By forcing three interceptions and allowing only 219 total yards, the No. 10 Gators shutout Kentucky 38-0 last week.
Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel went 18- for-27 for 203 yards and a touchdown, and added a one-yard rushing score in the Gators 26th straight win over the Wildcats.
The Gators were in control the entire game and put Kentucky down for good in the second quarter when junior defensive back Jaylen Watkins picked off Wildcat quarterback Morgan Newton and ran back 26 yards for a touchdown and a 17-0 lead
Betting Odds: LSU is favored by 3 points.
Over/Under: 42 points
Prediction: Mettenberger has been turnover prone and the Tigers offensive line has struggled as of late. Florida will have to control the clock with their running game, and Driskel may have to escape LSU’s pass rush and make plays with his legs. The Tigers should regain their rushing attack, and pull out a close win.
Predicted Score: LSU 24, Florida 21
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate