The Galaxy Note 2 can be now updated to Android
4.1.1 XXALIE official firmware.
Samsung has released official firmware - Android 4.1.1 XXALIE (Jelly Bean) - for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100). Check out this tutorial to install the file.
Prerequisites for Installation
This firmware is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100). Verify the model number of your device before proceeding and remember IBTimes UK will not be responsible for damage during installation. Ensure appropriate USB drivers are installed and USB debugging mode is enabled. Also ensure there is at least 80 percent battery charge (check here) and all important data has been backed up. Finally, ensure the device is factory unlocked.
- Download Android 4.1.1 XXALIE (Jelly Bean) and Odin v1.85 to computer
- Connect device and copy downloaded files to SD card
- Switch device off and place in Download Mode (to do so, press Volume Down, Home and Power buttons till Samsung logo or red and yellow text appears on screen)
- Start Odin on computer and re-connect device; a successful connection will be confirmed by one ID:COM box turning yellow with the appropriate COM port number
- In Odin, select these files in the order mentioned
- Click on PDA and select Code
- Click on Phone and select Modem
- Click on CSC and select CSC
- Click on PIT and select .pit
- Note: Ignore last three if such files do not exist
- Start installation. This may take a few minutes
- After installation, device will restart. Unplug after Home screen appears
Android 4.1.1 XXALIE (Jelly Bean) has now been installed. This can be verified by browsing to Settings > About Phone.
To Root Android 4.1.1 XXALIE on Note 2
- Download Android 4.1.1 CWM root package to computer
- Switch device off and place in Download Mode. Then start Odin and connect device
- In Odin, click PDA tab and select - cwm6-root-note2.tar - and begin installation
- After installation, device will restart. Disconnect when ready
The device has now been rooted. This can be verified by using Root Checker.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: