Sony's latest flagship smartphone Xperia T LT30p can now get the taste of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with the new CyanogenMod (CM) 10 custom firmware. This is an unofficial ROM, so may contain a few bugs.
Check out the method below to install the CM10 firmware on your Xperia T. IBTimes UK cautions users to proceed at their own risk and we will not be held responsible for any consequences. Read instructions below before proceeding with the installation.
- Ensure you have installed ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on your rooted device
- The method will wipe away all data on your device. Hence, make a backup of your data including APN settings
- Install USB drivers for the smartphone
- Enable USB debugging mode
- Your device's battery should have a charge of at least 80 to 85 percent
- Make sure your device is factory unlocked
How to install Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) CM10 custom firmware on your Xperia T:
- Download CM10 Android 4.1.1 ROM and Google Apps to your PC
- Connect and mount XperiaT USB memory on your PC via USB cable
- Copy both downloaded files in step 1 to your device's SD card
- Switch off your device and enter into recovery mode. Turn on the phone, while keep pressing Volume Down button repeatedly
- In CWM recovery, perform wipe data and scroll to flash zip from SD card
- Select choose zip from sdcard
- Navigate to and select the custom firmware zip file. Confirm the installation by tapping on "Yes". Installation will begin
- Repeat the above step to install Google Apps
- On completing the installation, go to '+++++Go Back" and reboot the device by choosing reboot system now from recovery menu
- The phone will begin booting and it might take around five minutes to boot for the first time
Your Xperia T LT30p should now be running CM10 Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) custom ROM. You can verify it by heading to Settings > About phone.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: