'Pawn Stars' Cast Sued By Former Manager Over Alleged Breach Of Contract
By Eric Brown | October 6, 2012 11:15 AM EST
The stars of the History Channel's hit reality-television show “Pawn Stars” are being sued by their ex-manager Wayne Jefferies for alleged breach of contract, according to TMZ.
Jefferies claims he “discovered” Las Vegas’ Gold & Silver Pawn shop along with its owners and employees -- Rick "The Spotter" Harrison, Richard "The Old Man" Harrison, Corey "Big Hoss" Harrison, and Austin "Chumlee" Russell in 2007 -- and then helped them develop their modestly successful pawn shop into a widely known television brand.
According to Jefferies, the shop’s owners, Rick Harrison and father Richard Harrison, had previously tried to launch a reality-TV show based at their pawn shop and failed. With Jefferies’ help, he claims, the pair secured a deal with the History Channel and its parent A&E Television Networks to launch the show in 2009.
“Pawn Stars” quickly became the highest-rated show on the network and the second-highest rated reality-TV show behind "Jersey Shore."
After the show premiered, however, Jefferies claims he was increasingly cut out of the loop of the show and ultimately fired after a leaked story was published by TMZ about the “Pawn Stars” cast being baffled by and unaware of the History Channel's launch of the cloned series “Cajun Pawn Stars.”
Jefferies is now suing the “Pawn Stars” cast members for breach of contract. He is also suing the History Channel, A&E, and several network executives.
Currently in its sixth season, “Pawn Stars” follows the Gold & Silver Pawn shop fellows, who attempt to buy and sell rare and often historical items.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money