'Pawn Stars' Cast Sued By Former Manager Over Alleged Breach Of Contract
By Eric Brown | October 6, 2012 11:15 AM EST
The stars of the History Channel's hit reality-television show “Pawn Stars” are being sued by their ex-manager Wayne Jefferies for alleged breach of contract, according to TMZ.
Jefferies claims he “discovered” Las Vegas’ Gold & Silver Pawn shop along with its owners and employees -- Rick "The Spotter" Harrison, Richard "The Old Man" Harrison, Corey "Big Hoss" Harrison, and Austin "Chumlee" Russell in 2007 -- and then helped them develop their modestly successful pawn shop into a widely known television brand.
According to Jefferies, the shop’s owners, Rick Harrison and father Richard Harrison, had previously tried to launch a reality-TV show based at their pawn shop and failed. With Jefferies’ help, he claims, the pair secured a deal with the History Channel and its parent A&E Television Networks to launch the show in 2009.
“Pawn Stars” quickly became the highest-rated show on the network and the second-highest rated reality-TV show behind "Jersey Shore."
After the show premiered, however, Jefferies claims he was increasingly cut out of the loop of the show and ultimately fired after a leaked story was published by TMZ about the “Pawn Stars” cast being baffled by and unaware of the History Channel's launch of the cloned series “Cajun Pawn Stars.”
Jefferies is now suing the “Pawn Stars” cast members for breach of contract. He is also suing the History Channel, A&E, and several network executives.
Currently in its sixth season, “Pawn Stars” follows the Gold & Silver Pawn shop fellows, who attempt to buy and sell rare and often historical items.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Suits' RECAP Season 4 Episode 10 [Mid-Season Finale]: Louis Finds Out About Mike's Truth In This Is Rome [SPOILERS]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch