'Pawn Stars' Cast Sued By Former Manager Over Alleged Breach Of Contract
By Eric Brown | October 6, 2012 11:15 AM EST
The stars of the History Channel's hit reality-television show “Pawn Stars” are being sued by their ex-manager Wayne Jefferies for alleged breach of contract, according to TMZ.
Jefferies claims he “discovered” Las Vegas’ Gold & Silver Pawn shop along with its owners and employees -- Rick "The Spotter" Harrison, Richard "The Old Man" Harrison, Corey "Big Hoss" Harrison, and Austin "Chumlee" Russell in 2007 -- and then helped them develop their modestly successful pawn shop into a widely known television brand.
According to Jefferies, the shop’s owners, Rick Harrison and father Richard Harrison, had previously tried to launch a reality-TV show based at their pawn shop and failed. With Jefferies’ help, he claims, the pair secured a deal with the History Channel and its parent A&E Television Networks to launch the show in 2009.
“Pawn Stars” quickly became the highest-rated show on the network and the second-highest rated reality-TV show behind "Jersey Shore."
After the show premiered, however, Jefferies claims he was increasingly cut out of the loop of the show and ultimately fired after a leaked story was published by TMZ about the “Pawn Stars” cast being baffled by and unaware of the History Channel's launch of the cloned series “Cajun Pawn Stars.”
Jefferies is now suing the “Pawn Stars” cast members for breach of contract. He is also suing the History Channel, A&E, and several network executives.
Currently in its sixth season, “Pawn Stars” follows the Gold & Silver Pawn shop fellows, who attempt to buy and sell rare and often historical items.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown