'Pawn Stars' Cast Sued By Former Manager Over Alleged Breach Of Contract
By Eric Brown | October 6, 2012 11:15 AM EST
The stars of the History Channel's hit reality-television show “Pawn Stars” are being sued by their ex-manager Wayne Jefferies for alleged breach of contract, according to TMZ.
Jefferies claims he “discovered” Las Vegas’ Gold & Silver Pawn shop along with its owners and employees -- Rick "The Spotter" Harrison, Richard "The Old Man" Harrison, Corey "Big Hoss" Harrison, and Austin "Chumlee" Russell in 2007 -- and then helped them develop their modestly successful pawn shop into a widely known television brand.
According to Jefferies, the shop’s owners, Rick Harrison and father Richard Harrison, had previously tried to launch a reality-TV show based at their pawn shop and failed. With Jefferies’ help, he claims, the pair secured a deal with the History Channel and its parent A&E Television Networks to launch the show in 2009.
“Pawn Stars” quickly became the highest-rated show on the network and the second-highest rated reality-TV show behind "Jersey Shore."
After the show premiered, however, Jefferies claims he was increasingly cut out of the loop of the show and ultimately fired after a leaked story was published by TMZ about the “Pawn Stars” cast being baffled by and unaware of the History Channel's launch of the cloned series “Cajun Pawn Stars.”
Jefferies is now suing the “Pawn Stars” cast members for breach of contract. He is also suing the History Channel, A&E, and several network executives.
Currently in its sixth season, “Pawn Stars” follows the Gold & Silver Pawn shop fellows, who attempt to buy and sell rare and often historical items.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced