Jennifer Garner Outshines Stacy Keibler at Argo Premiere
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 5, 2012 11:01 PM EST
Jennifer Garner looked wonderful in a bright red gown, when she attended the premier of Argo, which is directed by and stars her husband, Ben Affleck. The event, held in Beverly Hills, California, saw the actress wear a red crepe gown, from Monique Lhuillier's Fall 2012 collection, with leather straps.
The dress was accessorised with a gold and black Bulgari clutch from the Serpenti collection and Buglari jewels. The 40 year old actress kept make-up to a minimum, opting for a nude matte lip colour and she let her brown hair loose. Afflect, meanwhile went with a traditional two-piece suit and a white shirt.
Affleck plays the role of Tony Mendez, a CIA "ex-filtration" specialist who concocts a risky plan to get six American diplomats (taken hostage during the Iranian revolution of 1979) out of the country. He recently said he wanted to do more films in which he was both the director and the actor.
"I liked the idea of being in the movie, pushing it forward," the Daredevil actor explained, adding, "As an actor, you can steer a scene in another direction by playing it a little differently. And honestly? I like being an actor, and I want to keep having a career. It'd be very easy for me to get lost in directing for a year and a half or two. It's a business with a very short memory."
Incidentally, Affleck also admitted he was concerned about having to get a 70s style haircut.
"I wanted to lead by example, and I didn't want to be vain about it," he said, "There were times when I panicked and thought, "I'm gonna look like the Bee Gees in the CIA. But when I watched old movies, that's how it was. There are pockets in the culture now where long hair is like a thing. So some of it was reaching deep into hipsterism to find people who have hair long enough to play people from 1979. I wanted the seventies feel to be accurate, but not in-your-face."
Affleck and Garner were joined by fellow actor George Clooney, one of the film's producers. The 51 year old Clooney was accompanied by girlfriend Stacy Keibler, who wore a gorgeous vintage Alaia dress teamed with Giuseppe Zanotti shoes, a Valentino bag and Neil Lane jewelry. She completed her elegant look with a simple ponytail. The couple looked inseparable from each other on the red carpet and dismissed rumors they were about to break off their relationship.
In addition to Affleck, the film's cast also includes Alan Arkin, Kyle Chandler, John Goodman, Bryan Cranston and Taylor Schilling.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage