Galaxy Note 2 users can finally find some respite with the timely release of custom Jelly Bean ROMs, as Samsung has not offered any support for official Jelly Bean OTA updates for the device yet. Note 2 users, who have rooted their device and installed ClockworkMod recovery on it, should now benefit with the latest Omega custom ROM firmware. Omega custom ROM firmware has already grown in popularity, thanks to its earlier release for other premium Galaxy smartphones like the S2 and S3.
- Verify that your phone is rooted with ClockworkMod recovery installed on it.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to prevent loss of data while installing the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update.
- Ensure that your phone's battery is fully charged or holds at least 85 percent charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown while flashing the Omega custom ROM firmware on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked to support the installation of this ROM.
How to Install Omega ROM Based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy Note 2 N7100
- Download Omega Custom ROM Firmware Package for your Galaxy Note 2 to your computer.
- After the ROM file is downloaded, connect your Galaxy Note 2 to the computer with an USB cable. Now, copy the ROM zip file on the computer to the root folder on your phone, and then disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Power off your Galaxy Note through a button sequence, so that it can boot into the recovery mode.
- To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home key and Power buttons together until the device powers on and boots into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, tap Wipe data/factory reset and Wipe Cache partition and finally hit advanced and perform the Dalvik cache wipe too if you are on the custom ROM firmware.
- Once the data wipe process completes, choose install zip from sd card and then click choose zip from sd card. Browse and locate the Omega Custom ROM file which you copied to your Galaxy Note 2 smartphone earlier. Then tap the power button to begin installing the ROM.
- The ROM installation should take about 4 to 5 minutes to complete. Once the ROM is installed, the phone will reboot automatically. The first boot after ROM installation is time-consuming and may take about 5 minutes. So, please leave it alone.
Omega custom ROM Based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update is now successfully installed on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100. You can now confirm if the latest firmware version is installed on your device by navigating to Settings > About phone.
[Source: Android Advices]
To contact the editor, e-mail: