Chris Brown Announces He Dumped Girlfriend Karrueche for Rihanna
By Czarina Malleta | October 5, 2012 1:10 PM EST
After Chris Brown and Rihanna were publicly seen together for three consecutive nights, there were speculations that the two might have rekindled their relationship. As it turns out, Chris Brown has officially ended his relationship with Karrueche.
Chris Brown admitted his close friendship with the "Where Have You Been?" singer but didn't admit whether he reconciled with his ex. And in a recent statement, the RnB singer announced that he broke up with Karrueche to be able to focus on his career as well as to continue her friendship with his controversial ex, Rihanna.
"I have decided to be single to focus on my career. I love Karrueche very much but I don't want to see her hurt over my friendship with Rihanna," Chris Brown admitted. "I'd rather be single allowing us to both be happy in our lives."
Although they both try to deny it, photos of Rihanna and Chris partying together surfaced day after day. They were seen together at a nightclub in New York City and onlookers said that the two were "making out". In another picture, the two were seated together when they attended a Jay Z concert.
Last night, in a questionable tweet, Karrueche posted something on her Twitter account that says, "bye baby." The 23-year-old must be saying good bye to Chris. Prior to what she recently posted, there was also a tweet that says, "I prefer men."
Since Rihanna made an exclusive tell-all interview with Oprah, it looks like she has been more open about her lingering feelings towards his ex. She said that she considers Brown as the love of her life and added that they loved each other very much.
Their first public reconciliation was captured when they shared a hug at the MTV VMA and from then on, the two have been more comfortable in publicly reaching out to each other. Rihanna once wished her ex-boyfriend "good luck" before he attends his court hearing. Brown replied with a "thank you very much".
Other fans expect that it would just take little time before Rihanna and Chris gets back together again. Rihanna pursues her friendship with Chris despite the fact that he severely assaulted her on 2009.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election