‘Assassin’s Creed 3’ Trailer Shows Connor Before He Was An Assassin [VIDEO]
By Lisa Eadicicco | October 5, 2012 8:30 AM EST
“Assassin’s Creed 3” is launching at the end of this month, and by this point players have a decent visualization of what Ubisoft’s re-created revolutionary America will look like. But what about our protagonist? A newly released trailer digs into the half-English, half-Native American hero that players will meet in “Assassin’s Creed 3.”
The cinematic trailer opens with sequences from Connor’s childhood, providing insight as to why he has chosen his path in becoming an assassin.
“I have known true freedom,” he says as the trailer begins. “I have known a world of peace and remarkable spirit. A world which was taken from me.”
During this point in the footage, viewers see Connor’s lush homeland being burned to the ground. Players also meet the man who has trained Connor to become one of the Revolutionary War’s most swift and dangerous warriors.
After the opening scenes, the trailer escalates into combat scenes and action sequences that are likely to be found in gameplay. Fans see the British invade Native American soil, and Connor encourage his family and friends to fight back.
“You must refuse!” he exclaims before angrily slashing a tomahawk into a wooden post.
And the rest is history—literally. “Assassin’s Creed 3” makes use of real people and places that existed during the American Revolution, and according to Ubisoft every person that dies in the game also died during the war.
Earlier this week the company also revealed its first DLC plans for “Assassin’s Creed 3.” A season pass will offer access to five game expansions within six months of the game’s release. This includes a new single- player campaign called "The Tyranny of King Washington."
Console gamers will have to wait until the Oct. 30 release date to experience Connor’s story for themselves. PC players will get the game on Nov. 23.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation