‘Assassin’s Creed 3’ Trailer Shows Connor Before He Was An Assassin [VIDEO]
By Lisa Eadicicco | October 5, 2012 8:30 AM EST
“Assassin’s Creed 3” is launching at the end of this month, and by this point players have a decent visualization of what Ubisoft’s re-created revolutionary America will look like. But what about our protagonist? A newly released trailer digs into the half-English, half-Native American hero that players will meet in “Assassin’s Creed 3.”
The cinematic trailer opens with sequences from Connor’s childhood, providing insight as to why he has chosen his path in becoming an assassin.
“I have known true freedom,” he says as the trailer begins. “I have known a world of peace and remarkable spirit. A world which was taken from me.”
During this point in the footage, viewers see Connor’s lush homeland being burned to the ground. Players also meet the man who has trained Connor to become one of the Revolutionary War’s most swift and dangerous warriors.
After the opening scenes, the trailer escalates into combat scenes and action sequences that are likely to be found in gameplay. Fans see the British invade Native American soil, and Connor encourage his family and friends to fight back.
“You must refuse!” he exclaims before angrily slashing a tomahawk into a wooden post.
And the rest is history—literally. “Assassin’s Creed 3” makes use of real people and places that existed during the American Revolution, and according to Ubisoft every person that dies in the game also died during the war.
Earlier this week the company also revealed its first DLC plans for “Assassin’s Creed 3.” A season pass will offer access to five game expansions within six months of the game’s release. This includes a new single- player campaign called "The Tyranny of King Washington."
Console gamers will have to wait until the Oct. 30 release date to experience Connor’s story for themselves. PC players will get the game on Nov. 23.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family