‘Assassin’s Creed 3’ Trailer Shows Connor Before He Was An Assassin [VIDEO]
By Lisa Eadicicco | October 5, 2012 8:30 AM EST
“Assassin’s Creed 3” is launching at the end of this month, and by this point players have a decent visualization of what Ubisoft’s re-created revolutionary America will look like. But what about our protagonist? A newly released trailer digs into the half-English, half-Native American hero that players will meet in “Assassin’s Creed 3.”
The cinematic trailer opens with sequences from Connor’s childhood, providing insight as to why he has chosen his path in becoming an assassin.
“I have known true freedom,” he says as the trailer begins. “I have known a world of peace and remarkable spirit. A world which was taken from me.”
During this point in the footage, viewers see Connor’s lush homeland being burned to the ground. Players also meet the man who has trained Connor to become one of the Revolutionary War’s most swift and dangerous warriors.
After the opening scenes, the trailer escalates into combat scenes and action sequences that are likely to be found in gameplay. Fans see the British invade Native American soil, and Connor encourage his family and friends to fight back.
“You must refuse!” he exclaims before angrily slashing a tomahawk into a wooden post.
And the rest is history—literally. “Assassin’s Creed 3” makes use of real people and places that existed during the American Revolution, and according to Ubisoft every person that dies in the game also died during the war.
Earlier this week the company also revealed its first DLC plans for “Assassin’s Creed 3.” A season pass will offer access to five game expansions within six months of the game’s release. This includes a new single- player campaign called "The Tyranny of King Washington."
Console gamers will have to wait until the Oct. 30 release date to experience Connor’s story for themselves. PC players will get the game on Nov. 23.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales