St. Louis Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals: Where to Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview, Betting Odds
October 5, 2012 6:11 AM EST
Week 5 of the 2012 NFL Season kicks off as the St. Louis Rams and Arizona Cardinals square off on Thursday Night Football.
The contest is set to get underway at 8:20 p.m. ET at Edward Jones Dome. The game will be broadcast nationally on NFL Network. If you can’t get to a TV or don’t have the channel, you can watch a live stream online at nfl.com. The Web site will provide live look-ins throughout the whole game for free.
Arizona looks to remain one of three undefeated teams in 2012. They’re 4-0 on the young season and have won nine of their last 10 games, dating back to last year.
The Cardinals may be the biggest surprise of the season, as few people predicted them to make the playoffs. Head coach Ken Whisenhunt isn’t surprised about the team’s level of success.
“We are a good team,” Whisenhunt said. "We play well together and our guys make plays."
Since taking over for an injured John Skelton, Kevin Kolb has played the best football of his career. The Cardinals quarterback has thrown seven touchdowns, compared to just two interceptions.
The biggest reason for Arizona’s success has been their defense. The Cardinals are third in the NFL, allowing 15.3 points per game. They were able to shut down both the Patriots and Eagles, giving up just 24 total points en route to victories.
St. Louis is trying to bounce back from one of the worst seasons in franchise history. They’ve already tied their 2011 mark of two wins, beating the Seahawks and Redskins.
Sam Bradford has still yet to live up to the promise that he showed in his rookie season. The third-year player is 22nd among starters with an 80.1 quarterback rating
The Rams have been able to stay competitive by forcing turnovers. They’re second to only Chicago with eight interceptions.
Betting Line: Arizona-2.5, 39.5
Prediction: The Cardinals had their biggest scare of the season on Sunday when they escaped their game against the Dolphins with an overtime win. The Rams can pull off the upset if they’re able to force Kolb into some mistakes. However, he’s done a good job of holding onto the football, and should do just enough to keep Arizona undefeated.
Predicted Score: Arizona 20, St. Louis 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WWE SummerSlam Results & Highlights: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
- Australian BASE Jumper Killed in French Alps
- Splint-Free Rafael Nadal in Intense Practice for US Open Campaign
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- US, Canada Labour Activists ‘Block the Boat for Gaza’ Succeed in Blocking Docking of Israeli Ship in California Port
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Larger 5.5inch iPhone 6 Variant Will Roll Out in the Market as ‘iPhone 6L’
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff