St. Louis Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals: Where to Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview, Betting Odds
October 5, 2012 6:11 AM EST
Week 5 of the 2012 NFL Season kicks off as the St. Louis Rams and Arizona Cardinals square off on Thursday Night Football.
The contest is set to get underway at 8:20 p.m. ET at Edward Jones Dome. The game will be broadcast nationally on NFL Network. If you can’t get to a TV or don’t have the channel, you can watch a live stream online at nfl.com. The Web site will provide live look-ins throughout the whole game for free.
Arizona looks to remain one of three undefeated teams in 2012. They’re 4-0 on the young season and have won nine of their last 10 games, dating back to last year.
The Cardinals may be the biggest surprise of the season, as few people predicted them to make the playoffs. Head coach Ken Whisenhunt isn’t surprised about the team’s level of success.
“We are a good team,” Whisenhunt said. "We play well together and our guys make plays."
Since taking over for an injured John Skelton, Kevin Kolb has played the best football of his career. The Cardinals quarterback has thrown seven touchdowns, compared to just two interceptions.
The biggest reason for Arizona’s success has been their defense. The Cardinals are third in the NFL, allowing 15.3 points per game. They were able to shut down both the Patriots and Eagles, giving up just 24 total points en route to victories.
St. Louis is trying to bounce back from one of the worst seasons in franchise history. They’ve already tied their 2011 mark of two wins, beating the Seahawks and Redskins.
Sam Bradford has still yet to live up to the promise that he showed in his rookie season. The third-year player is 22nd among starters with an 80.1 quarterback rating
The Rams have been able to stay competitive by forcing turnovers. They’re second to only Chicago with eight interceptions.
Betting Line: Arizona-2.5, 39.5
Prediction: The Cardinals had their biggest scare of the season on Sunday when they escaped their game against the Dolphins with an overtime win. The Rams can pull off the upset if they’re able to force Kolb into some mistakes. However, he’s done a good job of holding onto the football, and should do just enough to keep Arizona undefeated.
Predicted Score: Arizona 20, St. Louis 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys