St. Louis Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals: Where to Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview, Betting Odds
October 5, 2012 6:11 AM EST
Week 5 of the 2012 NFL Season kicks off as the St. Louis Rams and Arizona Cardinals square off on Thursday Night Football.
The contest is set to get underway at 8:20 p.m. ET at Edward Jones Dome. The game will be broadcast nationally on NFL Network. If you can’t get to a TV or don’t have the channel, you can watch a live stream online at nfl.com. The Web site will provide live look-ins throughout the whole game for free.
Arizona looks to remain one of three undefeated teams in 2012. They’re 4-0 on the young season and have won nine of their last 10 games, dating back to last year.
The Cardinals may be the biggest surprise of the season, as few people predicted them to make the playoffs. Head coach Ken Whisenhunt isn’t surprised about the team’s level of success.
“We are a good team,” Whisenhunt said. "We play well together and our guys make plays."
Since taking over for an injured John Skelton, Kevin Kolb has played the best football of his career. The Cardinals quarterback has thrown seven touchdowns, compared to just two interceptions.
The biggest reason for Arizona’s success has been their defense. The Cardinals are third in the NFL, allowing 15.3 points per game. They were able to shut down both the Patriots and Eagles, giving up just 24 total points en route to victories.
St. Louis is trying to bounce back from one of the worst seasons in franchise history. They’ve already tied their 2011 mark of two wins, beating the Seahawks and Redskins.
Sam Bradford has still yet to live up to the promise that he showed in his rookie season. The third-year player is 22nd among starters with an 80.1 quarterback rating
The Rams have been able to stay competitive by forcing turnovers. They’re second to only Chicago with eight interceptions.
Betting Line: Arizona-2.5, 39.5
Prediction: The Cardinals had their biggest scare of the season on Sunday when they escaped their game against the Dolphins with an overtime win. The Rams can pull off the upset if they’re able to force Kolb into some mistakes. However, he’s done a good job of holding onto the football, and should do just enough to keep Arizona undefeated.
Predicted Score: Arizona 20, St. Louis 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Manchester United Defender Phil Jones Fit To Play Versus Everton
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build