Peyton Manning to be Part-Owner of Memphis Grizzlies
October 5, 2012 2:31 AM EST
One of the best NFL players of all time is now on his way to becoming the owner of an NBA team.
Peyton Manning has reportedly agreed to become a part-owner of the Memphis Grizzlies, according to Chris Vernon of ESPN Radio in Memphis. The quarterback joins Justin Timberlake and former basketball player Penny Hardaway as minority owners of the team.
Ubiquiti Networks CEO Robert Pera is in the process of purchasing the Grizzlies from Michael Heisley. He has formed a group of minority owners that are looking to take over the franchise.
Pera experienced some trouble in negotiations with current ownership. He originally agreed to pay $350 million for the team, but his company’s shares have fallen since news of his potential purchase became public.
In July, NBA commissioner David Stern said the process of selling the Grizzlies was "proceeding on pace and we hope in the next couple months to be able to approve that."
Manning currently plays for the Denver Broncos, but spent four years in Tennessee during his college years. There was talk of him joining the Titans in the offseason when he was released by the Colts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’