Peyton Manning to be Part-Owner of Memphis Grizzlies
October 5, 2012 2:31 AM EST
One of the best NFL players of all time is now on his way to becoming the owner of an NBA team.
Peyton Manning has reportedly agreed to become a part-owner of the Memphis Grizzlies, according to Chris Vernon of ESPN Radio in Memphis. The quarterback joins Justin Timberlake and former basketball player Penny Hardaway as minority owners of the team.
Ubiquiti Networks CEO Robert Pera is in the process of purchasing the Grizzlies from Michael Heisley. He has formed a group of minority owners that are looking to take over the franchise.
Pera experienced some trouble in negotiations with current ownership. He originally agreed to pay $350 million for the team, but his company’s shares have fallen since news of his potential purchase became public.
In July, NBA commissioner David Stern said the process of selling the Grizzlies was "proceeding on pace and we hope in the next couple months to be able to approve that."
Manning currently plays for the Denver Broncos, but spent four years in Tennessee during his college years. There was talk of him joining the Titans in the offseason when he was released by the Colts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015