GE Recalls Washers: 62K Front Load Appliances Recalled, Find Out If You Own The Model Numbers Here [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 5, 2012 2:39 AM EST
General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE) is recalling about 62,000 front load washers after receiving more than a dozen reports of defective appliances, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced Wednesday.
GE and the USPS initiated the voluntary recall on the washers after the Fairfield, Conn.-based conglomerate “received 19 reports of washer baskets separating, including 10 reports of top panel breakage,” the commission said in a statement.
No injuries were reported by those complaining of the faulty GE washers, the commission said, although the washer’s basket can separate during use and break the washer’s top panel. That possibility poses an injury concern.
Anyone with a GE Profile brand front load washer with model numbers that begin with WPDH8800, WPDH8900 and WPDH8910 were advised by the commission to stop using the appliances “unless otherwise instructed.”
You can find the model number on your GE washer on the right side of the unit near the bottom and behind the door near frame. The number is visible when the door is opened. These photos will assist you in finding the model number.
The washers involved in the recall were sold at Best Buy, Sears, The Home Depot and other nationwide department and retail stores from July 2008 and August 2011 at a price ranging from $1,199 and $1,599.
“Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled washers and contact GE for a free repair,” the commission warned.
For more information on the recall, contact GE Appliances at 1-888-641-9739 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EDT or visit the company’s website at http://www.geappliances.com/products/recall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 New Teaser Video, Spoilers: ‘Don’t Hesitate, They Won’t’
- 'Castle' Season 6 Spoilers: Episode 6 To Explore The Question What If Castle And Beckett Never Met -- Report
- FIA Revises Ban On Radio And Pit Board Communication
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best