GE Recalls Washers: 62K Front Load Appliances Recalled, Find Out If You Own The Model Numbers Here [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 5, 2012 2:39 AM EST
General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE) is recalling about 62,000 front load washers after receiving more than a dozen reports of defective appliances, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced Wednesday.
GE and the USPS initiated the voluntary recall on the washers after the Fairfield, Conn.-based conglomerate “received 19 reports of washer baskets separating, including 10 reports of top panel breakage,” the commission said in a statement.
No injuries were reported by those complaining of the faulty GE washers, the commission said, although the washer’s basket can separate during use and break the washer’s top panel. That possibility poses an injury concern.
Anyone with a GE Profile brand front load washer with model numbers that begin with WPDH8800, WPDH8900 and WPDH8910 were advised by the commission to stop using the appliances “unless otherwise instructed.”
You can find the model number on your GE washer on the right side of the unit near the bottom and behind the door near frame. The number is visible when the door is opened. These photos will assist you in finding the model number.
The washers involved in the recall were sold at Best Buy, Sears, The Home Depot and other nationwide department and retail stores from July 2008 and August 2011 at a price ranging from $1,199 and $1,599.
“Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled washers and contact GE for a free repair,” the commission warned.
For more information on the recall, contact GE Appliances at 1-888-641-9739 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EDT or visit the company’s website at http://www.geappliances.com/products/recall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]