GE Recalls Washers: 62K Front Load Appliances Recalled, Find Out If You Own The Model Numbers Here [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 5, 2012 2:39 AM EST
General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE) is recalling about 62,000 front load washers after receiving more than a dozen reports of defective appliances, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced Wednesday.
GE and the USPS initiated the voluntary recall on the washers after the Fairfield, Conn.-based conglomerate “received 19 reports of washer baskets separating, including 10 reports of top panel breakage,” the commission said in a statement.
No injuries were reported by those complaining of the faulty GE washers, the commission said, although the washer’s basket can separate during use and break the washer’s top panel. That possibility poses an injury concern.
Anyone with a GE Profile brand front load washer with model numbers that begin with WPDH8800, WPDH8900 and WPDH8910 were advised by the commission to stop using the appliances “unless otherwise instructed.”
You can find the model number on your GE washer on the right side of the unit near the bottom and behind the door near frame. The number is visible when the door is opened. These photos will assist you in finding the model number.
The washers involved in the recall were sold at Best Buy, Sears, The Home Depot and other nationwide department and retail stores from July 2008 and August 2011 at a price ranging from $1,199 and $1,599.
“Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled washers and contact GE for a free repair,” the commission warned.
For more information on the recall, contact GE Appliances at 1-888-641-9739 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EDT or visit the company’s website at http://www.geappliances.com/products/recall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- California Judge Affirms Shelly Sterling Authority to Sell Los Angeles Clippers
- Floyd Mayweather Shows Three Bugatti Cars on Instagram, Buys Rolls-Royce Ghost for Girlfriend
- Health Experts Plead Action to Prevent Skin Cancer Epidemic in New Zealand
- Call of Duty vs. Battlefield: Teased Image Reveals Coop Mode; BF4’s Possible DLC Additions Spotted
- Row Erupts Over Wrong Photo of Kiwi Soldier Killed in Gaza
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal