Liverpool v Udinese: Europa League, Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By Vishnuprasad S | October 4, 2012 4:51 PM EST
Liverpool will be eager to carry forward the excellent form and confidence from the 5-2 hammering of Norwich City in the league into their already good form in Europe. However, their opponents, Italian club Udinese, are no slouches... even if they are struggling in the Serie A.
Where to Watch
Kick-off is set for 8.05 pm BST and live coverage will be available on iTV4.
Neither side has started domestic campaigns the way they would have wanted to and are presently languishing in the wrong halves of their respective league tables; the Reds are 14th and the Italians 15th.
The good news for Brendan Rodgers, however, is the Anfield club seemed to have bounced back from the worst league start in the club's history (since 1903). The win at Carrow Road (and Luis Suarez's hat-trick, his second successive at that stadium) should be enough to put a smile on the manager's face.
Udinese, meanwhile, had to settle for a goal-less draw at the Stadio Friuli, against Genoa. Francesco Guidolin's side have only one win from six games this season (that was a shock 2-1 win over AC Milan) and have not scored in their last two games. The Italians, in fact, have only that win to their name all season long; they've drawn six of nine games played so far.
In the first round of Group A matches, Liverpool beat BSC Young Boys 5-3 at Bern, while Udinese posted a 1-1 draw at home against Russian big-spenders Anzhi Makhachkala.
- Last five (most recent first): W W L W D
- Last result: Norwich City 2 - 5 Liverpool
- Last five (most recent first): D D W D D
- Last result: Udinese 0 - 0 Genoa
Liverpool: Long-term absentees Lucas Leiva, Martin Kelly and Jose Enrique are the only players sidelined for the Reds as they go into this clash, with the latter expected to be fit to face Stoke City in the weekend. However, Joe Cole is available and could be in line for his comeback from injury. Brendan Rodgers is expected to rest a number of senior players, including Steven Gerrard, Suarez, Pepe Reina, Glen Johnson, Martin Skrtel, Daniel Agger, Nuri Sahin and Joe Allen for the Europa League clash.
Jamie Carragher and Sebastian Coates are sure bets to start at the centre of the defence, while Jon Flanagan and Jack Robinson could feature as the wing-backs. In midfield, Jordan Henderson is a strong possibility and so is Jonjo Shelvey, who is still serving a domestic suspension, while youngster Suso is also in contention. Up front, Daniel Pacheco and Oussama Assaidi are likely to feature, with Stewart Downing a favourite for the last spot.
Udinese: Francesco Guidolin has no fresh injury or suspension worries and has a full squad to choose from. However, the Italian side is likely to rest captain Antonio Di Natale for this clash match, with Swede Matias Ranegie expected to start up front.
Probable Starting Line-up
Liverpool (4-3-3): Jones; Flanagan, Carragher, Coates, Robinson; Henderson, Shelvey, Suso; Downing, Pacheco, Assaidi
Udinese (4-2-3-1): Padelli; Danilo, Domizzi, Benatia, Armero; Faraoni, Bado; Lazarri, Pereya, Willians; Ranegie
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate