Liverpool v Udinese: Europa League, Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By Vishnuprasad S | October 4, 2012 4:51 PM EST
Liverpool will be eager to carry forward the excellent form and confidence from the 5-2 hammering of Norwich City in the league into their already good form in Europe. However, their opponents, Italian club Udinese, are no slouches... even if they are struggling in the Serie A.
Where to Watch
Kick-off is set for 8.05 pm BST and live coverage will be available on iTV4.
Neither side has started domestic campaigns the way they would have wanted to and are presently languishing in the wrong halves of their respective league tables; the Reds are 14th and the Italians 15th.
The good news for Brendan Rodgers, however, is the Anfield club seemed to have bounced back from the worst league start in the club's history (since 1903). The win at Carrow Road (and Luis Suarez's hat-trick, his second successive at that stadium) should be enough to put a smile on the manager's face.
Udinese, meanwhile, had to settle for a goal-less draw at the Stadio Friuli, against Genoa. Francesco Guidolin's side have only one win from six games this season (that was a shock 2-1 win over AC Milan) and have not scored in their last two games. The Italians, in fact, have only that win to their name all season long; they've drawn six of nine games played so far.
In the first round of Group A matches, Liverpool beat BSC Young Boys 5-3 at Bern, while Udinese posted a 1-1 draw at home against Russian big-spenders Anzhi Makhachkala.
- Last five (most recent first): W W L W D
- Last result: Norwich City 2 - 5 Liverpool
- Last five (most recent first): D D W D D
- Last result: Udinese 0 - 0 Genoa
Liverpool: Long-term absentees Lucas Leiva, Martin Kelly and Jose Enrique are the only players sidelined for the Reds as they go into this clash, with the latter expected to be fit to face Stoke City in the weekend. However, Joe Cole is available and could be in line for his comeback from injury. Brendan Rodgers is expected to rest a number of senior players, including Steven Gerrard, Suarez, Pepe Reina, Glen Johnson, Martin Skrtel, Daniel Agger, Nuri Sahin and Joe Allen for the Europa League clash.
Jamie Carragher and Sebastian Coates are sure bets to start at the centre of the defence, while Jon Flanagan and Jack Robinson could feature as the wing-backs. In midfield, Jordan Henderson is a strong possibility and so is Jonjo Shelvey, who is still serving a domestic suspension, while youngster Suso is also in contention. Up front, Daniel Pacheco and Oussama Assaidi are likely to feature, with Stewart Downing a favourite for the last spot.
Udinese: Francesco Guidolin has no fresh injury or suspension worries and has a full squad to choose from. However, the Italian side is likely to rest captain Antonio Di Natale for this clash match, with Swede Matias Ranegie expected to start up front.
Probable Starting Line-up
Liverpool (4-3-3): Jones; Flanagan, Carragher, Coates, Robinson; Henderson, Shelvey, Suso; Downing, Pacheco, Assaidi
Udinese (4-2-3-1): Padelli; Danilo, Domizzi, Benatia, Armero; Faraoni, Bado; Lazarri, Pereya, Willians; Ranegie
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery