Top After-Market Nasdaq Movers (Logitech, Carrizo, ACADIA, Tesla, Kraft Foods, NuVasive, HMS Holdings, Idenix, Sarepta, School Specialty)
By Sreeja V N | October 4, 2012 4:41 PM EST
The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Wednesday were Logitech International S.A, Carrizo Oil & Gas Inc, ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc, Tesla Motors, Inc and Kraft Foods Group Inc.
The top after-market Nasdaq losers were NuVasive Inc, HMS Holdings Corp Inc, Idenix Pharmaceuticals Inc, Sarepta Therapeutics Inc and School Specialty Inc.
Logitech International S.A (LOGI) shares climbed 5.04 percent to $9.70 in after-hours trading Wednesday. The company announced the next generation of its award-winning line of Harmony® remotes, the Logitech Harmony® Touch.
The shares of Carrizo Oil & Gas Inc (CRZO) rose 3.32 percent in the post-market to close at $25.83. Canaccord Genuity reaffirmed their buy rating on shares of Carrizo Oil & Gas in a research note on Wednesday. The company shares had lost over 4 percent in regular trading Wednesday. Carrizo Oil & Gas has a 52-week trading range of $18.02-$31.62. The company has a market cap of $999.44 million and a price-to-earnings ratio of 15.05.
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD) shares advanced 2.82 percent to $2.55 in the post-market trading. The company has a 52-week trading range of $18.02-$31.62. The company shares gained over 3 percent in regular trading Wednesday. ACADIA has a 52-week trading range of $0.90-$2.84 and a market cap of $ 131.51 million.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) shares gained 2.39 percent and reached $30.00 in after-hours trading. The company shares went up after the electric car maker’s CEO Elon Musk, said Wednesday that it’s making its first payment early on the U.S. Energy Department loans that the California startup used to engineer and produce the Model S sedan.
Kraft Foods Group (KRFT) shares surged 2.09 percent to $45.81 in after-hours trading Wednesday. Nasdaq canceled some of the erroneous trades in Kraft Foods Group Wednesday after the shares shot up to as much as 29 percent in the first minute of trading due to a technical error.
NuVasive Inc (NUVA) shares slumped 26.97 percent to $16.52 in the post market trading Wednesday. The company forecast Wednesday its third-quarter revenue at $147 million against the market expectations of $153.6 million for the third quarter.
HMS Holdings Corp Inc (HMSY) shares plunged 7.72 percent to $29.75 in the post-market trading. Shares tumbled after the company lowered its outlook for the current fiscal year to a new range of $480.0 million to $490.0 million from its prior outlook of $500.0 million to $515.0 million.
Idenix Pharmaceuticals Inc (IDIX) shares lost 6.77 percent in after-hours trading to reach $4.13.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) shares dropped 3.43 percent to $29.94 in after-hours trading. The biopharmaceutical company shares soared nearly 200 percent to a six-year high, on regular trading Wednesday, after it reported strong late-stage results for its muscular dystrophy drug candidate eteplirsen.
School Specialty Inc (SCHS) shares lost 2.24 percent to $2.18 in after-market trading Wednesday. The company shares had gained 6.70 percent in regular trading.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate