Chelsea Striker Target Unsure Over Madrid Future After Considering Exit
By Nick Howson | October 4, 2012 1:18 AM EST
Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao says he has had thoughts about leaving the La Liga side and that he doesn't know what the future holds.
The Columbian scored 36 goals in all competitions last season for Madrid as the club only qualified for the Europa League.
Falcao has been linked with a switch to Chelsea after he netted a hat trick against the Premier League outfit in the Super Cup final, and the 26 year old says he has had thoughts about leaving Madrid.
"I thought about the possibility of leaving when the club said that it would be difficult to continue if it did not get into the Champions League," Falcao was quoted as saying by Marca.
"The future was uncertain because of finances but the team made a big push and almost the entire squad stayed in the end.
"That's something that shows how well Atletico are being managed. I'm under contract for a few more years, my reality is Atletico and I can't think about anything else."
After producing a sensational performance against Chelsea in victory over the Champions League winners in Monaco at the end of August, Falcao has been linked with a move to English football on a number of occasions.
"I do not know what will happen in the future," he added. "The situation depends not only on the players and the management but also the economy of the clubs and even the country."
Amid Fernando Torres' problems in front of goal and Daniel Sturridge's fitness issues, Falcao is understood to be the player to solve The Blues' problems in front of goal.
Roberto Di Matteo opted against signing a striker in the summer transfer window, instead bringing in a host of creative players including Eden Hazard and Brazilian Oscar.
Chelsea currently find themselves top of the Premier League after winning five of their last six games, and have four points from two games in the Champions League having emphatically defeated FC Nordsjaelland.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet