AOKP Build 4 firmware based on Android
4.1.1 is available for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100.
The Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) team has released a new build (with Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)) for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100). This new file is believed to be able to fix the NavBar custom icon bug and a few other minor issues:
- Custom NavBar Ring on tablets
- Force dual panel view on any device
- Flip or shake to snooze or dismiss alarm
- Screenshot can be taken from NavBar
- Enable USB mass storage emulation for some devices
This ROM is to be installed using ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery; so ensure this is installed before proceeding. Also ensure appropriate USB drivers are installed and USB debugging mode is enabled. The tablet should be factory unlocked and the battery must have at least 80 percent charge (check charge level here). Remember to back-up all important data, along with APN settings. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation.
To Install AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4 for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- Download Android 4.1.1 AOKP Build 4 to computer
- Download Google Apps package
- Connect device to computer and copy downloaded files to SD card
- Disconnect tablet and switch it off. Now, restart in Recovery Mode (to do so, start while pressing Volume Down and Power buttons)
- Perform data wipe in CWM Recovery Mode
- Use Power button to select Flash Zip from SD Card and then select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Browse to ROM file, select and confirm installation
- After installation, repeat above step to select and install Google Apps package
- After installation, return to main Recovery menu and select Reboot System. This may take a few minutes
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100) is now running Android 4.1.1 AOKP 4 Jelly Bean ROM. This can be verified by navigating to Settings > About Tablet.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: