Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini with Jelly Bean Coming on 11 October?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 3, 2012 10:23 PM EST
The German branch of Samsung has sent out a media invitation for a mysterious new device. The launch event is scheduled for 11 October.
The wording of the invite, naturally in German, was translated by Unwired View to read: "something small will be really big" and "get ready for a little sensation". The artwork on the invite shows a stylised letter S in the background and the report points out the style of the letter is the same as those for other Galaxy S products. There is, therefore, a good chance this new product will be another addition to that family.
The new product could well be the Galaxy S3 Mini. The smaller and more pocket-friendly version of the newly-launched flagship smartphone is believed to have a 4in WVGA display with a screen resolution of 480 x 800 pixels, a five megapixel rear-facing camera and a 1GHz dual-core processor. The S3 Mini, if rumours are true, will come with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) out of the box and be priced at £200.
It could even be the South Korean company is planning the launch of the Galaxy Music or the Galaxy Music Player, which was listed as one of the company's products expected to receive an upgrade to the Jelly Bean software.
A leaked photograph, believed to be of the Galaxy Music, showed a device with dual front-facing speakers, FM Radio along with built-in FM Antenna, SoundAlive and SRS. The music-centric device was expected to run Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)) and be powered by an 850MHz processor. In addition, the phone was expected to have 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage space with provision for a microSD card slot and feature a three megapixel rear-facing camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family