Missing April Jones: Police Release Images of Mark Bridger and Land Rover
By Ewan Palmer | October 3, 2012 8:44 PM EST
Police searching for missing five-year-old April Jones have released an image of the man arrested on suspicion of child abduction, and his Land Rover Discovery.
Dyfed Powys Police confirmed the arrest of of 46-year-old Mark Bridger. He remains in custody at Aberystwyth police station and is being questioned by detectives.
Police have also released an image of Bridger's Land Rover Discovery, believed to be the vehicle April was seen getting into.
The dark blue vehicle has the registration number L503 MEP. Police are asking if anyone saw the vehicle or its owner between 5pm on Monday and 3.30pm Tuesday.
He was arrested on the A487 just outside the village of Machynlleth where April went missing. He was described as wearing camouflage jacket and trousers, with black waterproof trousers underneath.
Det Supt Reg Bevan said: "We appeal to anyone who has seen him in the past few days. We are in the process of pieceing together his movements and that of his vehicle.
"The Land Rover Discovery was recovered from a repair garage.
"We are pursuing a number of lines of inquiry, one of which is Mark Bridger."
April has been missing since she was seen "willingly" getting into a large vehicle near her home in Machynlleth on Monday evening after playing on a bike with friends. It is reported that she entered the vehicle on the driver's side.
She was last seen wearing a purple knee-length coat with grey fur around the hood, a white polo shirt and black trousers.
April's parents, Paul and Coral Jones, have made a passionate public appeal for the safe return of their "beautiful little girl".
They said: "We are devastated and our lives have stopped. Please, please if you have our little girl, let her come home to us.
"This is such a small, close-knit community and we plead with anyone who has any information, no matter how small they may think it is, to contact the police immediately. Please help us bring home our beautiful little girl."
Police have asked anyone with information to contact a dedicated hotline on 0300 2000 333.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- ISIS Parades 30 Sunni Tribesmen Before Shooting Them Dead In Iraqi Town
- Video Showing Woman Getting Sexually Harassed on New York Streets Goes Viral
- Early Heat Wave Breaks Records In Australia; Lighting Storms Spark Bushfires In Queensland [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family