Missing April Jones: Police Release Images of Mark Bridger and Land Rover
By Ewan Palmer | October 3, 2012 8:44 PM EST
Police searching for missing five-year-old April Jones have released an image of the man arrested on suspicion of child abduction, and his Land Rover Discovery.
Dyfed Powys Police confirmed the arrest of of 46-year-old Mark Bridger. He remains in custody at Aberystwyth police station and is being questioned by detectives.
Police have also released an image of Bridger's Land Rover Discovery, believed to be the vehicle April was seen getting into.
The dark blue vehicle has the registration number L503 MEP. Police are asking if anyone saw the vehicle or its owner between 5pm on Monday and 3.30pm Tuesday.
He was arrested on the A487 just outside the village of Machynlleth where April went missing. He was described as wearing camouflage jacket and trousers, with black waterproof trousers underneath.
Det Supt Reg Bevan said: "We appeal to anyone who has seen him in the past few days. We are in the process of pieceing together his movements and that of his vehicle.
"The Land Rover Discovery was recovered from a repair garage.
"We are pursuing a number of lines of inquiry, one of which is Mark Bridger."
April has been missing since she was seen "willingly" getting into a large vehicle near her home in Machynlleth on Monday evening after playing on a bike with friends. It is reported that she entered the vehicle on the driver's side.
She was last seen wearing a purple knee-length coat with grey fur around the hood, a white polo shirt and black trousers.
April's parents, Paul and Coral Jones, have made a passionate public appeal for the safe return of their "beautiful little girl".
They said: "We are devastated and our lives have stopped. Please, please if you have our little girl, let her come home to us.
"This is such a small, close-knit community and we plead with anyone who has any information, no matter how small they may think it is, to contact the police immediately. Please help us bring home our beautiful little girl."
Police have asked anyone with information to contact a dedicated hotline on 0300 2000 333.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales