Technology Accounts For Half Of Top 20 Global Brands
By David Zielenziger | October 2, 2012 11:16 PM EST
Technology companies, headed by Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, account for half of the top 20 global brands ranked by Interbrand, an international consulting firm, in its latest survey.
In first place, Coca-Cola Co. (NYSE: KO), followed by Apple, then with International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM) in third place and Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, in fourth place.
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, is in fifth place, followed by General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE), McDonald’s Corp. (NYSE: MCD) and Intel (Nasdaq: INTC), the No. 1 chipmaker, in eighth place.
South Korea’s Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) is No. 9, followed by Japan’s Toyota Motor Co. (NYSE: TM).
Cisco Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: CSCO), the No. 1 provider of Internet gear, is ranked 14th, with Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ) in 15th place, with Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL), the No. 1 database developer, in 18th place, Nokia Oyj (NYSE: NOK) in 19th place and Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer, in 20th place.
Interbrands is among many agencies owned by Omnicom Group (NYSE: OMC), one of the biggest advertising agencies, that has compiled annual lists since 1999.
Other technology companies in its top 100 include Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, in 69th place. HP fell out of the top 10, as did Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS), Interbrand said. Coke is always in the top spot.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones