Technology Accounts For Half Of Top 20 Global Brands
By David Zielenziger | October 2, 2012 11:16 PM EST
Technology companies, headed by Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, account for half of the top 20 global brands ranked by Interbrand, an international consulting firm, in its latest survey.
In first place, Coca-Cola Co. (NYSE: KO), followed by Apple, then with International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM) in third place and Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, in fourth place.
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, is in fifth place, followed by General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE), McDonald’s Corp. (NYSE: MCD) and Intel (Nasdaq: INTC), the No. 1 chipmaker, in eighth place.
South Korea’s Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930) is No. 9, followed by Japan’s Toyota Motor Co. (NYSE: TM).
Cisco Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: CSCO), the No. 1 provider of Internet gear, is ranked 14th, with Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ) in 15th place, with Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL), the No. 1 database developer, in 18th place, Nokia Oyj (NYSE: NOK) in 19th place and Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer, in 20th place.
Interbrands is among many agencies owned by Omnicom Group (NYSE: OMC), one of the biggest advertising agencies, that has compiled annual lists since 1999.
Other technology companies in its top 100 include Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, in 69th place. HP fell out of the top 10, as did Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS), Interbrand said. Coke is always in the top spot.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Good Wife' Season 6 Spoilers: Premiere Episode Airs Sept. 21, Bigger Kalinda Arc Coming
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Arsenal FC: Zlatan Or Ronaldo? Wenger Reveals His Biggest 'Missed Signing' Regret