‘OMG Oh My God!’ Box Office Collection: Paresh Rawal Starrer Earns ₹18.5 crore in Opening Weekend
By Ankita Mehta | October 2, 2012 9:51 PM EST
It seems that god's favour is upon Paresh Rawal, whose new comedy film "OMG Oh My God!" has picked up remarkable business over the weekend.
The film directed by Umesh Shukla recieved positive reviews from critics but failed to attract audience on its opening day, collecting just ₹4.25 crore on Friday.
The movie witnessed a remarkable 40 to 50 percent jump on Saturday and Sunday owing to excellent reviews and positive word of mouth, trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The movie earned approximately ₹6.5 crore on Saturday and ₹7.75 crore on Sunday, taking the opening weekend total to ₹18.5 crore. Despite reduced ticket rates on weekdays, Monday's box office collection is expected to be bigger and better than the business on Friday.
"OMG Oh My God!" is expected to become among this year's hit films. Akshay Kumar's "Joker" was the disaster so OMG's positive review is a good relief for the actor.
The collections are likely to increase again on Tuesday because of the national holiday for Gandhi Jayanti. The movie is expected to earn approximately ₹5 crores on that day.
The movie is also going strong in the overseas box office market, surpassing weekend business of other blockbuster like "Agneepath", "Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu", "Agent Vinod", "Rowdy Rathore" and "Cocktail" in New Zealand, according to Adarsh.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)
- Kate Middleton News: The Duchess Glams Up In Queen’s Christmas Lunch After Controversial Hoodie [PHOTOS]
- 'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: EP Michael Narducci Teases Baby Hope Is Completely Unique