Manchester United will be looking for their 100th win in the Champions League, when they travel to Transylvania to take on Romanian champions CFR Cluj for the first time in a major competition.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 7:45 pm BST. Live coverage will be available on iTV 1 and UTV. MU TV will have a build-up to the match that starts at 6:30pm.
The Red Devils have had a decent start to their Premier League campaign, winning four out of the six games. Sir Alex Ferguson's side are currently third in the league table, tied on 12 points, with champions and cross-town rivals Manchester City. However, the Scot and his team have had a shocker at the weekend, when they lost 2-3 to Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford - for the first time in 23 years.
Cluj, on the other hand, have had a tough time in their domestic title defence. The Railwaymen sit sixth in the Liga 1 table, after ten games, and are already nine points behind leaders Steaua Bucharest. However, Ioan Andone's men have enjoyed a good run of late and have posted four wins in their last five games in all competitions.
Both sides tasted success in their Champions League opener this season, with United beating Turkish champions Galatasaray 1-0 at home and Cluj clinching a 2-0 away victory over Portuguese side Braga, thanks to a brace from Brazilian midfielder Rafael Bastos.
- Last five (most recent first): W W L W W
- Last Result: CFR Cluj 5 - 1 Gloria Bistrita
- Last five (most recent first): L W W W W
- Last Result: Manchester United 2 - 3 Tottenham Hotspur
CFR Cluj: Midfielders Adam Vass, Bakary Sare, Ciprian Deac and striker Ronny have been sidelined for the Romanian side going into this tie. However, centre-back Vasile Maftei is available for coach Andone, after the 31-year-old served his one-game European suspension against Braga.
Manchester United: Ferguson has decided to rest several senior players for this clash as Paul Scholes, Michael Carrick, Antonio Valencia and Ryan Giggs were also all left out of the squad that travelled to Transylvania. United's injury worries at the back continue, as centre-backs Nemanja Vidic, Phil Jones and Chris Smalling remain sidelined. Jonny Evans should be passed fit to play this game but if the Northern Irishman fails to make it, youngster Scott Wootton, who was handed a squad number by Ferguson at the weekend, will feature.
CFR Cluj (4-2-3-1): Felguerias; Pinto, Cadu, Rada, Sepsi; Muresan, Alberto; Sougou, Bastos, Camora; Kapetanos
Manchester United (4-2-3-1): de Gea; Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Buttner; Fletcher, Anderson; Nani, Cleverley, Welbeck; Rooney
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top Ten Most Peaceful Countries in the World in 2013 [SLIDESHOW]
- 'Game of Thrones'-like Film, 'The Queen of the Tearling,' Casts Emma Watson as Lead Star and Exec Producer [PHOTOS]
- Kim Kardashian Baby Girl: Suggested Ways Kanye West’s New Born Can Earn Money to Keep Up with the Kardashians [PHOTOS]
- Asus Transformer Infinity Pad, Sony Vaio Duo, Toshiba Satellite, A Look at Intel's Haswell 4th Generation Ultrabooks and Notebooks [Photos]