4 Problems Found in the new iPhone 5
By Kristin Dian Mariano | October 2, 2012 1:33 PM EST
Apple fans that waited in line last September 21 finally get their hands on the new iPhone 5.
Consumers who ordered the device on their respective carriers also received the device and are now enjoying the taller and smaller iPhone. However, despite some of the new amazing features of the new iPhone, there are some problems found in the device.
Below are some of the problems found in the new smartphone of the Cupertino-based company.
1. Maps - Considered as one of the biggest mistakes of Apple is its new iOS maps, which replaced Google maps in the device. It is a good thing that Google Maps is still available as an app in the Aps Store.
2. Camera - Many iPhone 5 users may have experience taking a photo and see laser-green dots accompanying your photos. This is due to the flaring problem with the upgraded camera on the iPhone 5.
Apple released a statement saying, "Our engineering team just gave me this information and we recommend that you angle the camera away from the bright light source when taking pictures. The purple flare in the image provided is considered normal behavior for iPhone 5′s camera..."
3. WiFi/Data - One of the biggest problems experienced by iPhone 5 users, especially those in the US, is the bug on the data consumption of the device. Many consumers are complaining about the unexpected data bills during their first few days of owning the phone.
It is occurring mostly for Verizon customers, but some AT&T users are reporting the same issue as well. Some complain that they have used a full month's worth of data in just a couple of days, even though they were mostly using Wi-Fi.
Apple rolled out an update for the iPhone 5 this Sunday to fix a bug that cost users their precious cellular data while they were connected to a Wi-Fi network. The carrier update was for Verizon.
4. Case - Some people claimed that the device being prone to scratches on its metal back. Moreover, there are limited choices for iPhone 5 cases as third party accessory companies had little time to develop a series of cases.
Many of the top third-party companies are just now starting to release cases to accommodate the iPhone 5′s taller screen and slimmer body. Case-Mate, Belkin and Griffin appear to be adding new designs every few days.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports