4 Problems Found in the new iPhone 5
By Kristin Dian Mariano | October 2, 2012 1:33 PM EST
Apple fans that waited in line last September 21 finally get their hands on the new iPhone 5.
Consumers who ordered the device on their respective carriers also received the device and are now enjoying the taller and smaller iPhone. However, despite some of the new amazing features of the new iPhone, there are some problems found in the device.
Below are some of the problems found in the new smartphone of the Cupertino-based company.
1. Maps - Considered as one of the biggest mistakes of Apple is its new iOS maps, which replaced Google maps in the device. It is a good thing that Google Maps is still available as an app in the Aps Store.
2. Camera - Many iPhone 5 users may have experience taking a photo and see laser-green dots accompanying your photos. This is due to the flaring problem with the upgraded camera on the iPhone 5.
Apple released a statement saying, "Our engineering team just gave me this information and we recommend that you angle the camera away from the bright light source when taking pictures. The purple flare in the image provided is considered normal behavior for iPhone 5′s camera..."
3. WiFi/Data - One of the biggest problems experienced by iPhone 5 users, especially those in the US, is the bug on the data consumption of the device. Many consumers are complaining about the unexpected data bills during their first few days of owning the phone.
It is occurring mostly for Verizon customers, but some AT&T users are reporting the same issue as well. Some complain that they have used a full month's worth of data in just a couple of days, even though they were mostly using Wi-Fi.
Apple rolled out an update for the iPhone 5 this Sunday to fix a bug that cost users their precious cellular data while they were connected to a Wi-Fi network. The carrier update was for Verizon.
4. Case - Some people claimed that the device being prone to scratches on its metal back. Moreover, there are limited choices for iPhone 5 cases as third party accessory companies had little time to develop a series of cases.
Many of the top third-party companies are just now starting to release cases to accommodate the iPhone 5′s taller screen and slimmer body. Case-Mate, Belkin and Griffin appear to be adding new designs every few days.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery