Google Closes At Record High As Value Exceeds Microsoft
By David Zielenziger | October 2, 2012 6:24 AM EST
Shares of Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, closed at all-time high of $761.78 on Monday, boosting its value above that of Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, to $249.1 billion, compared with Microsoft’s $247.3 billion.
During the day, shares of the Mountain View, Calif., company touched a record $765 before falling back to close $7.28 or 1 percent, above the Friday close.
At Monday’s level, Google is now the No. 2 technology company by value, behind only rival Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, whose shares dropped $7.71 to $659.30, valuing the Cupertino, Calif., company at $618.12 billion.
Exxon Mobil, the No.2 most valuable U.S. company, closed at $91.69, up 24 cents, valuing the Irving, Tex., energy giant at $423.2 billion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Iggy Azalea Sex Tape: The Story So Far
- Caroline Wozniacki Remains Optimistic And Swears To Keep ‘Getting Better’ To Win Her First Grand Slam Title
- CL T20 2014: Can Mumbai Indians Keep Their Chances Alive?
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date