Google Closes At Record High As Value Exceeds Microsoft
By David Zielenziger | October 2, 2012 6:24 AM EST
Shares of Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, closed at all-time high of $761.78 on Monday, boosting its value above that of Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, to $249.1 billion, compared with Microsoft’s $247.3 billion.
During the day, shares of the Mountain View, Calif., company touched a record $765 before falling back to close $7.28 or 1 percent, above the Friday close.
At Monday’s level, Google is now the No. 2 technology company by value, behind only rival Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, whose shares dropped $7.71 to $659.30, valuing the Cupertino, Calif., company at $618.12 billion.
Exxon Mobil, the No.2 most valuable U.S. company, closed at $91.69, up 24 cents, valuing the Irving, Tex., energy giant at $423.2 billion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ 2 – No More ‘Earthlings’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Charlie Hunnam & ‘The Walking Dead’ Jon Bernthal To Play Snake Plissken In The ‘Escape From New York’ Remake
- Mother Suffering From Alzheimer's Recognises Her Daughter In A Viral Video
- ‘Ray Donovan' Season 2 Spoilers: Episode 9 ‘Snowflake’ Airs On Sept. 7, 2014, Ray Instructs Bridget To Lie About Cookie’s Crime [WATCH VIDEO]
- Moto G2 (At $214) vs. Moto G – Early Specifications And Price Comparison
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display