Google Closes At Record High As Value Exceeds Microsoft
By David Zielenziger | October 2, 2012 6:24 AM EST
Shares of Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, closed at all-time high of $761.78 on Monday, boosting its value above that of Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, to $249.1 billion, compared with Microsoft’s $247.3 billion.
During the day, shares of the Mountain View, Calif., company touched a record $765 before falling back to close $7.28 or 1 percent, above the Friday close.
At Monday’s level, Google is now the No. 2 technology company by value, behind only rival Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, whose shares dropped $7.71 to $659.30, valuing the Cupertino, Calif., company at $618.12 billion.
Exxon Mobil, the No.2 most valuable U.S. company, closed at $91.69, up 24 cents, valuing the Irving, Tex., energy giant at $423.2 billion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install