Google Closes At Record High As Value Exceeds Microsoft
By David Zielenziger | October 2, 2012 6:24 AM EST
Shares of Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, closed at all-time high of $761.78 on Monday, boosting its value above that of Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, to $249.1 billion, compared with Microsoft’s $247.3 billion.
During the day, shares of the Mountain View, Calif., company touched a record $765 before falling back to close $7.28 or 1 percent, above the Friday close.
At Monday’s level, Google is now the No. 2 technology company by value, behind only rival Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, whose shares dropped $7.71 to $659.30, valuing the Cupertino, Calif., company at $618.12 billion.
Exxon Mobil, the No.2 most valuable U.S. company, closed at $91.69, up 24 cents, valuing the Irving, Tex., energy giant at $423.2 billion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Former Australian PM Julia Gillard Says Setting Economic Growth Target In G20 'Not Enough'
- Taylor Swift Reportedly Targeted By Nude Photo Hacking Scandal: Alleged Topless Photo Deleted From 4Chan, Fans Deem It Fake
- Manchester United Transfer News: Ferguson Gives Cristiano Ronaldo A Ring For Blockbuster Deal, Says Agent
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate