Google Closes At Record High As Value Exceeds Microsoft
By David Zielenziger | October 2, 2012 6:24 AM EST
Shares of Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, closed at all-time high of $761.78 on Monday, boosting its value above that of Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, to $249.1 billion, compared with Microsoft’s $247.3 billion.
During the day, shares of the Mountain View, Calif., company touched a record $765 before falling back to close $7.28 or 1 percent, above the Friday close.
At Monday’s level, Google is now the No. 2 technology company by value, behind only rival Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, whose shares dropped $7.71 to $659.30, valuing the Cupertino, Calif., company at $618.12 billion.
Exxon Mobil, the No.2 most valuable U.S. company, closed at $91.69, up 24 cents, valuing the Irving, Tex., energy giant at $423.2 billion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Video of Kids Reaction to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Goes Viral [Watch YouTube Clip]
- Global Markets Overview – July 24, 2014
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Young and the Restless Casting News, August Spoilers: Two Characters Return to Y&R with Resolution to ‘Maddening Mystery’; Adam Newman Return Update
- Taylor Swift's Advice on Love: 'I think unrequited love is just as valid as any other kind'
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales