Minnesota Vikings vs Detroit Lions: Where to Watch Live Online Stream, Betting Odds, Prediction, and Preview for Sunday’s NFL Game
October 1, 2012 1:20 AM EST
The Minnesota Vikings will shoot for first place in the NFC North as they face the Detroit Lions Sunday afternoon at Ford Field.
The game begins at 1pm eastern time and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Quarterback Christian Ponder led Minnesota to a 24-13 upset over the San Francisco 49ers last Sunday, going 21-for-35 for 198 yards with two passing touchdowns, and a 23-yard run for a score. Ponder has not thrown an interception this season and is second in the league with a 70.1 completion percentage.
Along with Ponder, running back Adrian Peterson rushed 25 times for 86 yards and kept the San Francisco offense on the sidelines.
The Vikings defense made their strongest contribution of the season thus far, creating three turnovers, blocking a field goal in the second quarter, and never allowing the 49ers to have a drive longer than six minutes.
Minnesota will try to repeat their performance last week against the No. 1 passing offense in Detroit.
Detroit nearly survived after quarterback Matthew Stafford left in the fourth quarter with a leg strain but the Lions lost a 44-41 overtime shootout to the Tennessee Titans last week.
Back-up quarterback Shaun Hill stepped in for Stafford and led the team on two touchdown drives including a 46-yard bomb to receiver Titus Young with no time on the clock to force overtime.
Running back Mikel LeShoure gained 100 yards and scored a touchdown in his first game back from a drug suspension.
Receiver Calvin Johnson, who leads the league in receiving yards with 369, made 10 receptions for 164 yards and one touchdown versus the Titans.
Tennessee’s offensive explosion exposed the Lions’ secondary, which gave up a record five scoring plays of 60 or more yards, and 437 total passing yards.
For Detroit, safety Louis Delmas is doubtful and linebacker Justin Durant and tight end Tony Scheffler are questionable.
Minnesota linebacker Erin Henderson is doubtful with a concussion and safety Mistral Raymond is out for the next five weeks with an ankle injury.
Betting Odds: Detroit is favored by 4 points; Over/Under: 49 points
Prediction: Currently the Minnesota defense is playing much better than Detroit’s, and Ponder should take advantage of the Lions' weak secondary for a win.
Predicted Score: Minnesota 27, Detroit 20
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health