Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart: Friends of Actor Explain Why Twilight Couple are Back Together
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | September 30, 2012 6:47 PM EST
Estranged Twilight stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson have moved back in together in order to give their relationship a second chance, according to reports.
Kristen Stewart was caught cheating on long-time boyfriend Pattinson with the director of Snow White and the Huntsman, Rupert Sanders, in July. The 22-year-old star instantly apologised to her former co-star from the sets of the Twilight films, expressing her love for him.
Pattinson responded by withdrawing from her life and leaving their shared home in Los Angeles. Stewart was visibly upset but at a recent public appearance, her first since the affair, she seemed to know something we did not. It seems that may be the case.
So what led the 26-year-old Pattinson, who once claimed he "never understood why people cheat" forgive Stewart? Well... a report in US Weekly says he told his friends a "rational voice" told him to give her another chance.
"He started thinking nobody else would understand his life," a close friend told the magazine, "His rational voice told him not to toss a three-year relationship for one [count of] infidelity."
"Rob weighed his options. He wouldn't even know where to start if he and Kristen were to break up for good," a source said.
"They have a very deep connection. Plus, they're young. All relationships at that age have drama," another source added.
Pattinson isn't the only one Stewart has to now win back. The actor's friends are concerned he may go through all of this again, if the actress were to cheat once more.
"Rob was completely heartbroken and was saying there was no way he could ever forgive her," a source told People. "But not speaking to someone that you thought was your end all, be all, is clearly harder than he expected. [His friends] don't want to see him hurt again. But it's easier said than done."
"[His friends] keep telling him he needs some time and space, but they all think they will be a couple again, maybe as soon as they are together for the [Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2] promos [in November]," the insider said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans