Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart: Friends of Actor Explain Why Twilight Couple are Back Together
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | September 30, 2012 6:47 PM EST
Estranged Twilight stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson have moved back in together in order to give their relationship a second chance, according to reports.
Kristen Stewart was caught cheating on long-time boyfriend Pattinson with the director of Snow White and the Huntsman, Rupert Sanders, in July. The 22-year-old star instantly apologised to her former co-star from the sets of the Twilight films, expressing her love for him.
Pattinson responded by withdrawing from her life and leaving their shared home in Los Angeles. Stewart was visibly upset but at a recent public appearance, her first since the affair, she seemed to know something we did not. It seems that may be the case.
So what led the 26-year-old Pattinson, who once claimed he "never understood why people cheat" forgive Stewart? Well... a report in US Weekly says he told his friends a "rational voice" told him to give her another chance.
"He started thinking nobody else would understand his life," a close friend told the magazine, "His rational voice told him not to toss a three-year relationship for one [count of] infidelity."
"Rob weighed his options. He wouldn't even know where to start if he and Kristen were to break up for good," a source said.
"They have a very deep connection. Plus, they're young. All relationships at that age have drama," another source added.
Pattinson isn't the only one Stewart has to now win back. The actor's friends are concerned he may go through all of this again, if the actress were to cheat once more.
"Rob was completely heartbroken and was saying there was no way he could ever forgive her," a source told People. "But not speaking to someone that you thought was your end all, be all, is clearly harder than he expected. [His friends] don't want to see him hurt again. But it's easier said than done."
"[His friends] keep telling him he needs some time and space, but they all think they will be a couple again, maybe as soon as they are together for the [Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2] promos [in November]," the insider said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch