Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart: Friends of Actor Explain Why Twilight Couple are Back Together
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | September 30, 2012 6:47 PM EST
Estranged Twilight stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson have moved back in together in order to give their relationship a second chance, according to reports.
Kristen Stewart was caught cheating on long-time boyfriend Pattinson with the director of Snow White and the Huntsman, Rupert Sanders, in July. The 22-year-old star instantly apologised to her former co-star from the sets of the Twilight films, expressing her love for him.
Pattinson responded by withdrawing from her life and leaving their shared home in Los Angeles. Stewart was visibly upset but at a recent public appearance, her first since the affair, she seemed to know something we did not. It seems that may be the case.
So what led the 26-year-old Pattinson, who once claimed he "never understood why people cheat" forgive Stewart? Well... a report in US Weekly says he told his friends a "rational voice" told him to give her another chance.
"He started thinking nobody else would understand his life," a close friend told the magazine, "His rational voice told him not to toss a three-year relationship for one [count of] infidelity."
"Rob weighed his options. He wouldn't even know where to start if he and Kristen were to break up for good," a source said.
"They have a very deep connection. Plus, they're young. All relationships at that age have drama," another source added.
Pattinson isn't the only one Stewart has to now win back. The actor's friends are concerned he may go through all of this again, if the actress were to cheat once more.
"Rob was completely heartbroken and was saying there was no way he could ever forgive her," a source told People. "But not speaking to someone that you thought was your end all, be all, is clearly harder than he expected. [His friends] don't want to see him hurt again. But it's easier said than done."
"[His friends] keep telling him he needs some time and space, but they all think they will be a couple again, maybe as soon as they are together for the [Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2] promos [in November]," the insider said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown