Oregon vs. Washington State Where to Watch Free Live Online Stream, Betting Odds, Prediction, and Preview of Saturday’s College Football Showdown
September 30, 2012 6:12 AM EST
The Oregon Ducks meet the Washington State Cougars Saturday night at CenturyLink Field
Earning their first shutout of a Pac-12 opponent since 2003, Oregon’s defense led the way for a change in the Ducks 49-0 win over Arizona last Saturday.
The Ducks forced five turnovers, including two interceptions returned for scores and shutout a Wildcat offense that was averaging 46 points per game. Oregon also stuffed all four of Arizona's fourth down attempts.
Quarterback Marcus Mariota threw for 260 yards and two touchdowns, including a 55-yard strike to freshman receiver Bralon Addison.
No. 2 Oregon’s Heisman candidate, sophomore running back De’Anthony Thomas, had his lowest output of the season with 12 rushes for 48 yards, but did set up a touchdown drive with a 38-yard punt return in the third quarter. That drive lasted three plays and 29 seconds and put the Ducks up 21-0 in the third quarter.
Washington State is still searching for the first Pac-12 victory after surrendering three touchdowns in the final seven minutes to Colorado in their 35-34 loss.
Cougars' sophomore quarterback Connor Halliday threw for 401 yards going 32-for-60 with four touchdowns and two picks, and put Washington State up 28-14 with a 49-yard score to junior receiver Marquess Wilson with 5:27 left in the third quarter.
Colorado then held the Cougars to two field goals in the fourth quarter, and quarterback Jordan Webb completed a 70-yard touchdown pass to receiver Nick Kasa and ran four yards for a score and the win with nine seconds left in the game.
Washington State freshman receiver Gabe Marks had seven catches for 107 yards and a touchdown, and Wilson finished with five receptions for 99 yards and two scores.
The Cougars currently have the nation’s 18th best passing offense, averaging 313.8 yards, but Oregon has only allowed 300 yards passing in one game this season, and even held Fresno State to 62 yards in the air.
Betting Odds: Oregon is favored by 31.5 points; Over/Under: 74 points
Prediction: The Ducks earned their move up the rankings last week, even with Thomas’ average play. He should bounce back with a strong performance to keep him in the mix for the Heisman.
Predicted Score: Oregon 40 , Washington State 20
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers