Oregon vs. Washington State Where to Watch Free Live Online Stream, Betting Odds, Prediction, and Preview of Saturday’s College Football Showdown
September 30, 2012 6:12 AM EST
The Oregon Ducks meet the Washington State Cougars Saturday night at CenturyLink Field
Earning their first shutout of a Pac-12 opponent since 2003, Oregon’s defense led the way for a change in the Ducks 49-0 win over Arizona last Saturday.
The Ducks forced five turnovers, including two interceptions returned for scores and shutout a Wildcat offense that was averaging 46 points per game. Oregon also stuffed all four of Arizona's fourth down attempts.
Quarterback Marcus Mariota threw for 260 yards and two touchdowns, including a 55-yard strike to freshman receiver Bralon Addison.
No. 2 Oregon’s Heisman candidate, sophomore running back De’Anthony Thomas, had his lowest output of the season with 12 rushes for 48 yards, but did set up a touchdown drive with a 38-yard punt return in the third quarter. That drive lasted three plays and 29 seconds and put the Ducks up 21-0 in the third quarter.
Washington State is still searching for the first Pac-12 victory after surrendering three touchdowns in the final seven minutes to Colorado in their 35-34 loss.
Cougars' sophomore quarterback Connor Halliday threw for 401 yards going 32-for-60 with four touchdowns and two picks, and put Washington State up 28-14 with a 49-yard score to junior receiver Marquess Wilson with 5:27 left in the third quarter.
Colorado then held the Cougars to two field goals in the fourth quarter, and quarterback Jordan Webb completed a 70-yard touchdown pass to receiver Nick Kasa and ran four yards for a score and the win with nine seconds left in the game.
Washington State freshman receiver Gabe Marks had seven catches for 107 yards and a touchdown, and Wilson finished with five receptions for 99 yards and two scores.
The Cougars currently have the nation’s 18th best passing offense, averaging 313.8 yards, but Oregon has only allowed 300 yards passing in one game this season, and even held Fresno State to 62 yards in the air.
Betting Odds: Oregon is favored by 31.5 points; Over/Under: 74 points
Prediction: The Ducks earned their move up the rankings last week, even with Thomas’ average play. He should bounce back with a strong performance to keep him in the mix for the Heisman.
Predicted Score: Oregon 40 , Washington State 20
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales