Oregon vs. Washington State Where to Watch Free Live Online Stream, Betting Odds, Prediction, and Preview of Saturday’s College Football Showdown
September 30, 2012 6:12 AM EST
The Oregon Ducks meet the Washington State Cougars Saturday night at CenturyLink Field
Earning their first shutout of a Pac-12 opponent since 2003, Oregon’s defense led the way for a change in the Ducks 49-0 win over Arizona last Saturday.
The Ducks forced five turnovers, including two interceptions returned for scores and shutout a Wildcat offense that was averaging 46 points per game. Oregon also stuffed all four of Arizona's fourth down attempts.
Quarterback Marcus Mariota threw for 260 yards and two touchdowns, including a 55-yard strike to freshman receiver Bralon Addison.
No. 2 Oregon’s Heisman candidate, sophomore running back De’Anthony Thomas, had his lowest output of the season with 12 rushes for 48 yards, but did set up a touchdown drive with a 38-yard punt return in the third quarter. That drive lasted three plays and 29 seconds and put the Ducks up 21-0 in the third quarter.
Washington State is still searching for the first Pac-12 victory after surrendering three touchdowns in the final seven minutes to Colorado in their 35-34 loss.
Cougars' sophomore quarterback Connor Halliday threw for 401 yards going 32-for-60 with four touchdowns and two picks, and put Washington State up 28-14 with a 49-yard score to junior receiver Marquess Wilson with 5:27 left in the third quarter.
Colorado then held the Cougars to two field goals in the fourth quarter, and quarterback Jordan Webb completed a 70-yard touchdown pass to receiver Nick Kasa and ran four yards for a score and the win with nine seconds left in the game.
Washington State freshman receiver Gabe Marks had seven catches for 107 yards and a touchdown, and Wilson finished with five receptions for 99 yards and two scores.
The Cougars currently have the nation’s 18th best passing offense, averaging 313.8 yards, but Oregon has only allowed 300 yards passing in one game this season, and even held Fresno State to 62 yards in the air.
Betting Odds: Oregon is favored by 31.5 points; Over/Under: 74 points
Prediction: The Ducks earned their move up the rankings last week, even with Thomas’ average play. He should bounce back with a strong performance to keep him in the mix for the Heisman.
Predicted Score: Oregon 40 , Washington State 20
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features