Norwich City v Liverpool: Where to Watch, Preview and Teams
By Vishnuprasad S | September 29, 2012 4:42 PM EST
Liverpool and Norwich City will both hope to post their first Premier League win of the season when they meet at Carrow Road.
Where to Watch
Kick-off is set for 3pm BST. LFC TV will have a build-up to the match that starts at 2pm. Watch highlights of the game on the Match of the Day on BBC One on at 10.10pm.
Both sides are languishing in the wrong half of the table, and have not started the way they would have wanted under their new managers, Chis Hughton and Brendan Rodgers.
The Canaries have been struggling since the season opener, when Fulham hammered them 5-0 at Craven Cottage, and after three consecutive draws against QPR, Tottenham and West Ham United, they suffered defeat again at St James' Park in the last game.
Liverpool, on the other hand, have endured their worst start since 1903. The Reds launched their campaign with a 0-3 loss at West Bromwich Albion and drew their other away match 1-1 against Sunderland. Rodgers' side had more tough times at Anfield, where they lost to Arsenal and Manchester United and shared points with Manchester City.
Both clubs tasted Capital One Cup success midweek, with Liverpool beating the Baggies 2-1 at the Hawthorns and Norwich clinching a 1-0 victory over Doncaster Rovers at Carrow Road, to secure their places in the fourth round.
- Last five (most recent first): W L D D W
- Last Result: Norwich City 1 - 0 Doncaster Rovers
- Last five (most recent first): W L W D L
- Last Result: West Bromwich Albion 1 - 2 Liverpool
Norwich City: Striker Harry Kane, on loan from Spurs, has been ruled out for over a month after suffering an ankle injury in the midweek game. Centre-back Sebastien Bassong and midfielder Anthony Pilkington have an outside chance of making the squad, while this game will come too soon for defenders Simon Lappin and Steven Whittaker. Hughton, who rested several key players against Doncaster, will revert to his strongest available line-up against Liverpool.
Liverpool: Wing-back Martin Kelly is not expected to play again this year after suffering an anterior cruciate ligament rupture on his right knee against Manchester United last week, while midfielder Jonjo Shelvey will serve the second of his three-match ban after seeing a straight red in that game. However, centre-back Daniel Agger has a good chance of being fit for this tie despite being carried off on a stretcher against the Red Devils. Italian forward Fabio Borini, who was also forced off in that match, is rated 50-50. Captain Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez, Martin Skrtel, Glen Johnson and Joe Allen - who were all rested for the midweek game - will be back in the starting line-up, while midfielders Lucas and Joe Cole remain sidelined.
Pepe Reina will be back in goal for Liverpool, with Johnson, Skrtel, Agger and Jose Enrique lining up ahead of him. Sebastian Coates will come in to the side, if Rodgers decides not to risk Agger, who sustained a bruised bone against United. Gerrard and Allen are sure bets in midfield, while Nuri Sahin, who scored a brace against West Brom, should see off competition from Jordan Henderson for the last spot. If Borini does not make it, Oussama Assaidi - who impressed against the Baggies - is likely to start up front, alongside Suarez and Raheem Sterling.
Norwich City (4-4-1-1): Ruddy; Martin, Barnett, Turner, Garrido; Snodgrass, Howson, Johnson, Surman; Hoolahan; Morison
Liverpool (4-3-3): Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Allen, Sahin, Gerrard; Sterling, Suarez, Assaidi
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks