Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview: The Blues are Favourites to Win
By Raymond Ronamai | September 28, 2012 8:31 PM EST
Chelsea travelled to Emirates Stadium on Saturday to play Arsenal. Both the teams are in form and have not lost a single game in the on-going Barclays Premier League. But the real test awaits them on Saturday as they meet in the Emirates.
Arsenal started the season with two goalless draws, making everyone think that they lack players who can score goals. They found the net thereafter by defeating Liverpool 2-0 and also thrashed Coventry 6-1 on Wednesday in the Capital One Cup tie.
Chelsea is on top of the Barclays Premier League score table with 13 points from five matches played so far. Like Arsenal, they beat Wolves 6-0 in Capital One Cup match.
Arsenal: Arsene Wenger may force Per Mertesacker to warm up the bench as Thomas Vermaelen, who was out of action due to illness, is set to return. Jack Wilshere, Bacary Sagna, Tomas Rosicky, Lukasz Fabianski and Wojciech Szczesny have been ruled out for Saturday's match due to injury.
Chelsea: The FA has punished Chelsea captain John Terry with a four-match ban and a fine of £220,000 fine after he was found guilty of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand. He will be available for Saturday's match as he has been given time to appeal against the decision. Roberto Di Matteo is expected to field Frank Lampard, who was out of action due to ankle injury, but Daniel Sturridge is unlikely to be seen on Saturday.
Performances of the Teams in EPL 2012-13:
Arsenal: The Gunners are in the fifth position of the score table with three draws and two wins. They beat Liverpool 2 - 0 after being criticized for two goalless draws. Then they thrashed Southampton 6-1 and held Manchester City 1-1 last weekend.
Chelsea: The Blues are topping the score table with nine points from five games played so far - winning four matches and drawing one. They beat Wigan, Reading, Newcastle and Stoke, and drew with Queens Park Rangers (QPR).
Arsenal is back to winning ways and has home ground advantage on Saturday but the European Champions look stronger. Chelsea are the favourite to win.
Arsenal: Mannone, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Diaby, Arteta, Cazorla , Walcott, Giroud, Podolski
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Hazard, Torres, Mata
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage