Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview: The Blues are Favourites to Win
By Raymond Ronamai | September 28, 2012 8:31 PM EST
Chelsea travelled to Emirates Stadium on Saturday to play Arsenal. Both the teams are in form and have not lost a single game in the on-going Barclays Premier League. But the real test awaits them on Saturday as they meet in the Emirates.
Arsenal started the season with two goalless draws, making everyone think that they lack players who can score goals. They found the net thereafter by defeating Liverpool 2-0 and also thrashed Coventry 6-1 on Wednesday in the Capital One Cup tie.
Chelsea is on top of the Barclays Premier League score table with 13 points from five matches played so far. Like Arsenal, they beat Wolves 6-0 in Capital One Cup match.
Arsenal: Arsene Wenger may force Per Mertesacker to warm up the bench as Thomas Vermaelen, who was out of action due to illness, is set to return. Jack Wilshere, Bacary Sagna, Tomas Rosicky, Lukasz Fabianski and Wojciech Szczesny have been ruled out for Saturday's match due to injury.
Chelsea: The FA has punished Chelsea captain John Terry with a four-match ban and a fine of £220,000 fine after he was found guilty of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand. He will be available for Saturday's match as he has been given time to appeal against the decision. Roberto Di Matteo is expected to field Frank Lampard, who was out of action due to ankle injury, but Daniel Sturridge is unlikely to be seen on Saturday.
Performances of the Teams in EPL 2012-13:
Arsenal: The Gunners are in the fifth position of the score table with three draws and two wins. They beat Liverpool 2 - 0 after being criticized for two goalless draws. Then they thrashed Southampton 6-1 and held Manchester City 1-1 last weekend.
Chelsea: The Blues are topping the score table with nine points from five games played so far - winning four matches and drawing one. They beat Wigan, Reading, Newcastle and Stoke, and drew with Queens Park Rangers (QPR).
Arsenal is back to winning ways and has home ground advantage on Saturday but the European Champions look stronger. Chelsea are the favourite to win.
Arsenal: Mannone, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Diaby, Arteta, Cazorla , Walcott, Giroud, Podolski
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Hazard, Torres, Mata
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People