Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview: The Blues are Favourites to Win
By Raymond Ronamai | September 28, 2012 8:31 PM EST
Chelsea travelled to Emirates Stadium on Saturday to play Arsenal. Both the teams are in form and have not lost a single game in the on-going Barclays Premier League. But the real test awaits them on Saturday as they meet in the Emirates.
Arsenal started the season with two goalless draws, making everyone think that they lack players who can score goals. They found the net thereafter by defeating Liverpool 2-0 and also thrashed Coventry 6-1 on Wednesday in the Capital One Cup tie.
Chelsea is on top of the Barclays Premier League score table with 13 points from five matches played so far. Like Arsenal, they beat Wolves 6-0 in Capital One Cup match.
Arsenal: Arsene Wenger may force Per Mertesacker to warm up the bench as Thomas Vermaelen, who was out of action due to illness, is set to return. Jack Wilshere, Bacary Sagna, Tomas Rosicky, Lukasz Fabianski and Wojciech Szczesny have been ruled out for Saturday's match due to injury.
Chelsea: The FA has punished Chelsea captain John Terry with a four-match ban and a fine of £220,000 fine after he was found guilty of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand. He will be available for Saturday's match as he has been given time to appeal against the decision. Roberto Di Matteo is expected to field Frank Lampard, who was out of action due to ankle injury, but Daniel Sturridge is unlikely to be seen on Saturday.
Performances of the Teams in EPL 2012-13:
Arsenal: The Gunners are in the fifth position of the score table with three draws and two wins. They beat Liverpool 2 - 0 after being criticized for two goalless draws. Then they thrashed Southampton 6-1 and held Manchester City 1-1 last weekend.
Chelsea: The Blues are topping the score table with nine points from five games played so far - winning four matches and drawing one. They beat Wigan, Reading, Newcastle and Stoke, and drew with Queens Park Rangers (QPR).
Arsenal is back to winning ways and has home ground advantage on Saturday but the European Champions look stronger. Chelsea are the favourite to win.
Arsenal: Mannone, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Diaby, Arteta, Cazorla , Walcott, Giroud, Podolski
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Hazard, Torres, Mata
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions