Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview: The Blues are Favourites to Win
By Raymond Ronamai | September 28, 2012 8:31 PM EST
Chelsea travelled to Emirates Stadium on Saturday to play Arsenal. Both the teams are in form and have not lost a single game in the on-going Barclays Premier League. But the real test awaits them on Saturday as they meet in the Emirates.
Arsenal started the season with two goalless draws, making everyone think that they lack players who can score goals. They found the net thereafter by defeating Liverpool 2-0 and also thrashed Coventry 6-1 on Wednesday in the Capital One Cup tie.
Chelsea is on top of the Barclays Premier League score table with 13 points from five matches played so far. Like Arsenal, they beat Wolves 6-0 in Capital One Cup match.
Arsenal: Arsene Wenger may force Per Mertesacker to warm up the bench as Thomas Vermaelen, who was out of action due to illness, is set to return. Jack Wilshere, Bacary Sagna, Tomas Rosicky, Lukasz Fabianski and Wojciech Szczesny have been ruled out for Saturday's match due to injury.
Chelsea: The FA has punished Chelsea captain John Terry with a four-match ban and a fine of £220,000 fine after he was found guilty of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand. He will be available for Saturday's match as he has been given time to appeal against the decision. Roberto Di Matteo is expected to field Frank Lampard, who was out of action due to ankle injury, but Daniel Sturridge is unlikely to be seen on Saturday.
Performances of the Teams in EPL 2012-13:
Arsenal: The Gunners are in the fifth position of the score table with three draws and two wins. They beat Liverpool 2 - 0 after being criticized for two goalless draws. Then they thrashed Southampton 6-1 and held Manchester City 1-1 last weekend.
Chelsea: The Blues are topping the score table with nine points from five games played so far - winning four matches and drawing one. They beat Wigan, Reading, Newcastle and Stoke, and drew with Queens Park Rangers (QPR).
Arsenal is back to winning ways and has home ground advantage on Saturday but the European Champions look stronger. Chelsea are the favourite to win.
Arsenal: Mannone, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Diaby, Arteta, Cazorla , Walcott, Giroud, Podolski
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Hazard, Torres, Mata
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced