Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview: The Blues are Favourites to Win
By Raymond Ronamai | September 28, 2012 8:31 PM EST
Chelsea travelled to Emirates Stadium on Saturday to play Arsenal. Both the teams are in form and have not lost a single game in the on-going Barclays Premier League. But the real test awaits them on Saturday as they meet in the Emirates.
Arsenal started the season with two goalless draws, making everyone think that they lack players who can score goals. They found the net thereafter by defeating Liverpool 2-0 and also thrashed Coventry 6-1 on Wednesday in the Capital One Cup tie.
Chelsea is on top of the Barclays Premier League score table with 13 points from five matches played so far. Like Arsenal, they beat Wolves 6-0 in Capital One Cup match.
Arsenal: Arsene Wenger may force Per Mertesacker to warm up the bench as Thomas Vermaelen, who was out of action due to illness, is set to return. Jack Wilshere, Bacary Sagna, Tomas Rosicky, Lukasz Fabianski and Wojciech Szczesny have been ruled out for Saturday's match due to injury.
Chelsea: The FA has punished Chelsea captain John Terry with a four-match ban and a fine of £220,000 fine after he was found guilty of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand. He will be available for Saturday's match as he has been given time to appeal against the decision. Roberto Di Matteo is expected to field Frank Lampard, who was out of action due to ankle injury, but Daniel Sturridge is unlikely to be seen on Saturday.
Performances of the Teams in EPL 2012-13:
Arsenal: The Gunners are in the fifth position of the score table with three draws and two wins. They beat Liverpool 2 - 0 after being criticized for two goalless draws. Then they thrashed Southampton 6-1 and held Manchester City 1-1 last weekend.
Chelsea: The Blues are topping the score table with nine points from five games played so far - winning four matches and drawing one. They beat Wigan, Reading, Newcastle and Stoke, and drew with Queens Park Rangers (QPR).
Arsenal is back to winning ways and has home ground advantage on Saturday but the European Champions look stronger. Chelsea are the favourite to win.
Arsenal: Mannone, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Diaby, Arteta, Cazorla , Walcott, Giroud, Podolski
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Hazard, Torres, Mata
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 US Open Round of 16: Grigor Dimitrov vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged