Chelsea Winger Ready to Play as Striker to Ease Scoring Burden
By Vishnuprasad S | September 28, 2012 6:14 PM EST
Chelsea winger Victor Moses says he is willing to play as a centre forward for the European champions if manager Roberto Di Matteo wants him to.
The Blues chose not to sign a replacement for talismanic striker Didier Drogba, who left the club in the summer. Fernando Torres has drawn heavy criticism of late after his unimpressive performances against QPR, Juventus and Stoke City and with Daniel Sturridge struggling with a hamstring injury, Moses could now be asked to play up front and the Nigeria international says he is up for the task.
"Changing position just comes naturally to me. I don't really mind where I play - left, right, up front on my own or with another striker. I'm just versatile like that and I don't mind playing anywhere in attack," Goal.com quoted the 21 year old as saying.
Former Manchester City winger Trevor Sinclair recently urged Moses to ease the scoring burden on the out-of-form Torres. The Spaniard, however, is expected to start the game against Arsenal at Ashburton Grove on 29 September.
Bertrand: Year Keeps Getting Better
Chelsea wing back Ryan Bertrand feels this year keeps getting better for him, after scoring in the Blues' League Cup win over Wolverhampton Wanderers in midweek. The 23 year old scored his second ever goal for the club as the west London side posted a 6-0 victory against their Championship opponents at Stamford Bridge.
"The year just keeps getting better for me so as long as I can keep it going I should be able to do good things. We want to keep it going and hopefully repeat the success we had last year. The manager is utilising the squad and rotating it very well, and he chooses the players who can be effective in every game," the club Web site quoted the defender as saying.
Bertrand, who started for Chelsea in last season's Champions League final against Bayern Munich, netted his first goal for the club in the Community Shield defeat to Manchester City last month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery