Chelsea Winger Ready to Play as Striker to Ease Scoring Burden
By Vishnuprasad S | September 28, 2012 6:14 PM EST
Chelsea winger Victor Moses says he is willing to play as a centre forward for the European champions if manager Roberto Di Matteo wants him to.
The Blues chose not to sign a replacement for talismanic striker Didier Drogba, who left the club in the summer. Fernando Torres has drawn heavy criticism of late after his unimpressive performances against QPR, Juventus and Stoke City and with Daniel Sturridge struggling with a hamstring injury, Moses could now be asked to play up front and the Nigeria international says he is up for the task.
"Changing position just comes naturally to me. I don't really mind where I play - left, right, up front on my own or with another striker. I'm just versatile like that and I don't mind playing anywhere in attack," Goal.com quoted the 21 year old as saying.
Former Manchester City winger Trevor Sinclair recently urged Moses to ease the scoring burden on the out-of-form Torres. The Spaniard, however, is expected to start the game against Arsenal at Ashburton Grove on 29 September.
Bertrand: Year Keeps Getting Better
Chelsea wing back Ryan Bertrand feels this year keeps getting better for him, after scoring in the Blues' League Cup win over Wolverhampton Wanderers in midweek. The 23 year old scored his second ever goal for the club as the west London side posted a 6-0 victory against their Championship opponents at Stamford Bridge.
"The year just keeps getting better for me so as long as I can keep it going I should be able to do good things. We want to keep it going and hopefully repeat the success we had last year. The manager is utilising the squad and rotating it very well, and he chooses the players who can be effective in every game," the club Web site quoted the defender as saying.
Bertrand, who started for Chelsea in last season's Champions League final against Bayern Munich, netted his first goal for the club in the Community Shield defeat to Manchester City last month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS