Chelsea Winger Ready to Play as Striker to Ease Scoring Burden
By Vishnuprasad S | September 28, 2012 6:14 PM EST
Chelsea winger Victor Moses says he is willing to play as a centre forward for the European champions if manager Roberto Di Matteo wants him to.
The Blues chose not to sign a replacement for talismanic striker Didier Drogba, who left the club in the summer. Fernando Torres has drawn heavy criticism of late after his unimpressive performances against QPR, Juventus and Stoke City and with Daniel Sturridge struggling with a hamstring injury, Moses could now be asked to play up front and the Nigeria international says he is up for the task.
"Changing position just comes naturally to me. I don't really mind where I play - left, right, up front on my own or with another striker. I'm just versatile like that and I don't mind playing anywhere in attack," Goal.com quoted the 21 year old as saying.
Former Manchester City winger Trevor Sinclair recently urged Moses to ease the scoring burden on the out-of-form Torres. The Spaniard, however, is expected to start the game against Arsenal at Ashburton Grove on 29 September.
Bertrand: Year Keeps Getting Better
Chelsea wing back Ryan Bertrand feels this year keeps getting better for him, after scoring in the Blues' League Cup win over Wolverhampton Wanderers in midweek. The 23 year old scored his second ever goal for the club as the west London side posted a 6-0 victory against their Championship opponents at Stamford Bridge.
"The year just keeps getting better for me so as long as I can keep it going I should be able to do good things. We want to keep it going and hopefully repeat the success we had last year. The manager is utilising the squad and rotating it very well, and he chooses the players who can be effective in every game," the club Web site quoted the defender as saying.
Bertrand, who started for Chelsea in last season's Champions League final against Bayern Munich, netted his first goal for the club in the Community Shield defeat to Manchester City last month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales