Chelsea Winger Ready to Play as Striker to Ease Scoring Burden
By Vishnuprasad S | September 28, 2012 6:14 PM EST
Chelsea winger Victor Moses says he is willing to play as a centre forward for the European champions if manager Roberto Di Matteo wants him to.
The Blues chose not to sign a replacement for talismanic striker Didier Drogba, who left the club in the summer. Fernando Torres has drawn heavy criticism of late after his unimpressive performances against QPR, Juventus and Stoke City and with Daniel Sturridge struggling with a hamstring injury, Moses could now be asked to play up front and the Nigeria international says he is up for the task.
"Changing position just comes naturally to me. I don't really mind where I play - left, right, up front on my own or with another striker. I'm just versatile like that and I don't mind playing anywhere in attack," Goal.com quoted the 21 year old as saying.
Former Manchester City winger Trevor Sinclair recently urged Moses to ease the scoring burden on the out-of-form Torres. The Spaniard, however, is expected to start the game against Arsenal at Ashburton Grove on 29 September.
Bertrand: Year Keeps Getting Better
Chelsea wing back Ryan Bertrand feels this year keeps getting better for him, after scoring in the Blues' League Cup win over Wolverhampton Wanderers in midweek. The 23 year old scored his second ever goal for the club as the west London side posted a 6-0 victory against their Championship opponents at Stamford Bridge.
"The year just keeps getting better for me so as long as I can keep it going I should be able to do good things. We want to keep it going and hopefully repeat the success we had last year. The manager is utilising the squad and rotating it very well, and he chooses the players who can be effective in every game," the club Web site quoted the defender as saying.
Bertrand, who started for Chelsea in last season's Champions League final against Bayern Munich, netted his first goal for the club in the Community Shield defeat to Manchester City last month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet