Chelsea Winger Ready to Play as Striker to Ease Scoring Burden
By Vishnuprasad S | September 28, 2012 6:14 PM EST
Chelsea winger Victor Moses says he is willing to play as a centre forward for the European champions if manager Roberto Di Matteo wants him to.
The Blues chose not to sign a replacement for talismanic striker Didier Drogba, who left the club in the summer. Fernando Torres has drawn heavy criticism of late after his unimpressive performances against QPR, Juventus and Stoke City and with Daniel Sturridge struggling with a hamstring injury, Moses could now be asked to play up front and the Nigeria international says he is up for the task.
"Changing position just comes naturally to me. I don't really mind where I play - left, right, up front on my own or with another striker. I'm just versatile like that and I don't mind playing anywhere in attack," Goal.com quoted the 21 year old as saying.
Former Manchester City winger Trevor Sinclair recently urged Moses to ease the scoring burden on the out-of-form Torres. The Spaniard, however, is expected to start the game against Arsenal at Ashburton Grove on 29 September.
Bertrand: Year Keeps Getting Better
Chelsea wing back Ryan Bertrand feels this year keeps getting better for him, after scoring in the Blues' League Cup win over Wolverhampton Wanderers in midweek. The 23 year old scored his second ever goal for the club as the west London side posted a 6-0 victory against their Championship opponents at Stamford Bridge.
"The year just keeps getting better for me so as long as I can keep it going I should be able to do good things. We want to keep it going and hopefully repeat the success we had last year. The manager is utilising the squad and rotating it very well, and he chooses the players who can be effective in every game," the club Web site quoted the defender as saying.
Bertrand, who started for Chelsea in last season's Champions League final against Bayern Munich, netted his first goal for the club in the Community Shield defeat to Manchester City last month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build