4.0.4 XWLP6 ICS firmware is available for Galaxy tab 10.1.
Official firmware - Android 4.0.4 XWLP6 (Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)) - has been released for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (3G) (model number P7500). The device was launched with Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) in June last year and Samsung has promised an Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) update in the near future.
If you're looking to update your Tab 10.1, follow these instructions. However, IBTimes UK warns its readers it will not be held responsible for damage during installation. This firmware works only with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (model number P7500); ensure model number of your device is the same by navigating to Settings > About Tablet. In addition, back-up all important data and APN settings, ensure USB drivers for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 are installed and the USB debugging mode is enabled and the battery has at least 80 percent charge.
To install Android 4.0.4 XWLP6 ICS for Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500
- Download Android 4.0.4 XWLP6 to computer
- Download Odin v1.85 to computer
- Disconnect device from computer if connected and turn it off. Now place tablet in Download Mode (to do so hold Volume Down and Power buttons until Samsung logo appears and then press Power again)
- Start Odin and connect tablet to computer while in Download Mode
- In Odin select these files in the order mentioned
- Click on PDA and select Code
- Click on Phone and select Modem
- Click on CSC and select CSC
- Click on PIT and select .pit
- Note: Ignore last three steps if no such files are found
- Start installation via Odin
- After installation, tablet will reboot. Disconnect device when Samsung logo appears
Congratulations... the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7500) is now running Android 4.0.4 XWLP6 firmware. Verify software version by browsing to Settings > About Tablet.
To contact the editor, e-mail: