Top After-Market Nasdaq Movers (RIM, Wet Seal, Horizon, OraSure, BGC, Align, EMCORE, Regeneron, Limelight, Cypress, Life Partners)
By Sreeja V N | September 28, 2012 4:16 PM EST
The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Thursday were Research in Motion Limited, The Wet Seal Inc, Horizon Pharma Inc, OraSure Technologies Inc and BGC Partners Inc.
The top after-market Nasdaq losers were EMCORE Corporation, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc, Limelight Networks Inc, Cypress Semiconductor Corporation and Life Partners Holdings.
Research in Motion Limited (RIMM) shares climbed 20.45 percent to $8.60 in post-market trading. The shares surged after the company reported quarterly results that were better than the analysts' estimates. RIM reported a net loss of $235 million or $0.45 per share diluted and adjusted for the company's on-going restructuring program, a net loss of $142 million, or 27 cents a share. Analysts estimated a loss of $0.47 per share in the second quarter.
The Wet Seal Inc. (WTSLA) shares surged 5.98 percent to $3.28 in post-market trading. The company announced Thursday that it has issued a letter to the company’s shareholders commenting on Clinton Group’s misguided attempts to make wholesale changes to the company’s Board of Directors. While the Clinton group had earlier issued a note claiming that Institutional Shareholder Services ("ISS") and other independent research analysts recommend that Wet Seal stockholders support change to the Company's Board of Directors.
The company shares have a 52-week trading range of $2.42-5.01 and a market capitalization of 277.26 million.
Horizon Pharma (HZNP) shares advanced 4.99 percent to $3.58 in post-market trading. The company stock had lost over 2 percent in regular trading Thursday.
OraSure Technologies Inc (OSUR) shares rose 4.95 percent to $11.24 in post-market trading. The company shares have a 52-week trading range of $7.52-$14.01 and a market capitalization of 590.16 million.
BGC Partners Inc (BGCP) shares gained 2.31 percent to $4.88 in post-market trading.
EMCORE Corporation (EMKR) shares plunged 6.30 percent to $5.50 in post-market trading. The company announced that it intends to offer and sell $8 million units of its common stock in an underwritten public offering. The company plans to use any proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc (REGN) shares plunged 5.44 percent to $142.97 in post-market trading. The company stock had gained over 5 percent in regular trading Thursday.
Limelight Networks Inc (LLNW) shares declined 4.17 percent to $2.30 in post-market trading. The company stock gained 3.00 percent in regular trading.
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (CY) shares fell 4.03 percent to $10.61 in post-market trading. The company shares had gained 4.05 percent in regular trade after it announced that Sysgration Ltd., a leading OEM/ODM manufacturer of PC peripherals in Taiwan, has selected Cypress's 2.4-GHz Wireless USB-NL radio-on-a-chip for its "U" and "W" wireless presenter series.
Life Partners Holdings (LPHI) shares declined 3.38 percent to $2.86 in post-market trading after the company announced that Travis County District Judge Stephen Yelenosky ruled that the life settlement transactions that it facilitates are not securities under Texas law. Although subject to appeal, the ruling effectively ends the Texas Attorney General’s suit against Life Partners, which had asserted that the 21-year-old company’s life settlement transactions were securities under the Texas law.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers