Top After-Market Nasdaq Movers (RIM, Wet Seal, Horizon, OraSure, BGC, Align, EMCORE, Regeneron, Limelight, Cypress, Life Partners)
By Sreeja V N | September 28, 2012 4:16 PM EST
The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Thursday were Research in Motion Limited, The Wet Seal Inc, Horizon Pharma Inc, OraSure Technologies Inc and BGC Partners Inc.
The top after-market Nasdaq losers were EMCORE Corporation, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc, Limelight Networks Inc, Cypress Semiconductor Corporation and Life Partners Holdings.
Research in Motion Limited (RIMM) shares climbed 20.45 percent to $8.60 in post-market trading. The shares surged after the company reported quarterly results that were better than the analysts' estimates. RIM reported a net loss of $235 million or $0.45 per share diluted and adjusted for the company's on-going restructuring program, a net loss of $142 million, or 27 cents a share. Analysts estimated a loss of $0.47 per share in the second quarter.
The Wet Seal Inc. (WTSLA) shares surged 5.98 percent to $3.28 in post-market trading. The company announced Thursday that it has issued a letter to the company’s shareholders commenting on Clinton Group’s misguided attempts to make wholesale changes to the company’s Board of Directors. While the Clinton group had earlier issued a note claiming that Institutional Shareholder Services ("ISS") and other independent research analysts recommend that Wet Seal stockholders support change to the Company's Board of Directors.
The company shares have a 52-week trading range of $2.42-5.01 and a market capitalization of 277.26 million.
Horizon Pharma (HZNP) shares advanced 4.99 percent to $3.58 in post-market trading. The company stock had lost over 2 percent in regular trading Thursday.
OraSure Technologies Inc (OSUR) shares rose 4.95 percent to $11.24 in post-market trading. The company shares have a 52-week trading range of $7.52-$14.01 and a market capitalization of 590.16 million.
BGC Partners Inc (BGCP) shares gained 2.31 percent to $4.88 in post-market trading.
EMCORE Corporation (EMKR) shares plunged 6.30 percent to $5.50 in post-market trading. The company announced that it intends to offer and sell $8 million units of its common stock in an underwritten public offering. The company plans to use any proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc (REGN) shares plunged 5.44 percent to $142.97 in post-market trading. The company stock had gained over 5 percent in regular trading Thursday.
Limelight Networks Inc (LLNW) shares declined 4.17 percent to $2.30 in post-market trading. The company stock gained 3.00 percent in regular trading.
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (CY) shares fell 4.03 percent to $10.61 in post-market trading. The company shares had gained 4.05 percent in regular trade after it announced that Sysgration Ltd., a leading OEM/ODM manufacturer of PC peripherals in Taiwan, has selected Cypress's 2.4-GHz Wireless USB-NL radio-on-a-chip for its "U" and "W" wireless presenter series.
Life Partners Holdings (LPHI) shares declined 3.38 percent to $2.86 in post-market trading after the company announced that Travis County District Judge Stephen Yelenosky ruled that the life settlement transactions that it facilitates are not securities under Texas law. Although subject to appeal, the ruling effectively ends the Texas Attorney General’s suit against Life Partners, which had asserted that the 21-year-old company’s life settlement transactions were securities under the Texas law.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast