Anne Hathaway To Perform One-Night ‘Cabaret’ For Public Theater
September 28, 2012 7:28 AM EST
Anne Hathaway has been best known for her acting, but next month, the thespian beauty will be showing off her musical side.
The 29-year-old actress is lending her voice next month for a special cabaret performance benefiting the Public Theater in New York, titled “Perfectly Marvelous: The Songs of Cabaret with Anne Hathaway and Friends.” Tickets for the one-night engagement, on Oct. 24 at Joe’s Pub, will range from $100 to $300, and will include dinner and drinks.
Hathaway, who earned an Oscar nod for “Best Actress” for her performance in “Rachel Getting Married,” performed in the Public Theater’s staging of “Twelfth Night,” in 2009. The play was held as part of The Public’s annual festival “Shakespeare in the Park,” originally conceived in 1954 by Joseph Papp.
As part of her performance, Hathaway will sing a selection of songs from the musical “Cabaret” including “Willkomen,” “Cabaret,” “Maybe This Time,” and “Perfectly Marvelous.”
In a press statement, the actress said, “I am delighted to reunite with the Public for this special night to celebrate the theater’s rededication, and support its mission to spread great theater to all the people of New York (tourists are welcome too.)”
But Hathaway’s singing won’t end there. The starlet just recently wrapped shooting on “Les Miserables,” a film adaptation of the long-running Broadway musical, based on the novel of the same name by Victor Hugo. In the film, directed by Tim Hooper, Hathaway stars as Fantine, a destitute worker dying, most likely, of tuberculosis.
"There seems to be something selfish about trying to go for the pretty version," said Hathaway, of her method to singing Fantine’s tragic song “I Dreamed a Dream.” “"She's devastated. She's literally at the bottom of a hole and realizing she's never going to climb out of this. So I just decided to play the truth to the melody and see what would happen."
Hathaway’s version of the song was included in the trailer for “Les Miserables,” released by Universal in May. The film, which also co-stars Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, and Amanda Seyfried, is scheduled to be released in theaters in December, according to Collider.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak: Chrome Stormtrooper Commander and Trooper May Guard The New Villain
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown