Two of the hottest phones in the market are Samsung Galaxy S3 and Nokia Lumia 920.
Samsung Galaxy S3 was introduced last May and gained popularity due to its amazing features, including a big screen display, 4G/LTE connectivity, NFC support, etc. At the second quarter of this year, Samsung Galaxy S3 rose to stardom due to its immense sales worldwide.
Finnish mobile manufacturer Nokia also introduced its prime smartphone in the market early this month. Nokia showed off its Lumia 920 powered by the new Windows Phone 8 operating system. Some of the smartphone's specs and features include PureMotion HD+ 4.5 inch display (1280 x 768 resolution), Dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor, NFC chip, 2,000mAh battery, and Qi wireless charging. Nokia is touting the Lumia 920′s premier feature as its new camera lens.
According to Nokia the Lumia 920 features a floating camera lens that is designed to provide better image stabilization for both photos and video, it can record full HD video in 1080p.
The two smartphones are considered as the top contenders of Apple's 2012 flagship phone - iPhone 5. Below are the five reasons why Samsung Galaxy S3 is better than Nokia's flagship phone.
1. Slightly bigger screen - Samsung Galaxy S3 has slightly bigger screen with the size of 4.8 inches; while Nokia Lumia 920 has 4.5-inch screen display.
2. Faster processor - Samsung Galaxy S3 has a faster processor compared to Nokia Lumia 920. The former is powered by quad core Exynos processor clocked with 1.4GHz. Nokia Lumia 920, on the other hand, has a dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon processor.
3. Expandable storage - The Samsung Galaxy S3 gained an advantage by including expandable storage system in its smartphone. The Galaxy S3 comes with microSD slot up to 32GB. The Nokia Lumia 920 has an internal storage of 32GB.
4. Pop-up play - Samsung Galaxy S3 allows you to watch your videos while doing other things in your smartphone.
5. Removable battery - Samsung Galaxy S3 has a slightly better 2100 mAh battery; while Nokia Lumia 920 has 2000 mAh battery. Moreover, one of the advantages of Samsung Galaxy S3 is its removable battery that enables users to change the depleted battery with a spare one.
Samsung Galaxy S3 is already available in various mobile carriers. Meanwhile, Nokia Lumia 920 is now available for pre-order in UK. It is expected that it will be available in other countries soon.
To contact the editor, e-mail: