Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Receives Official Android 4.0.4 XXLQ6 ICS Firmware [Manually Install]
By Sarmistha Acharya | September 26, 2012 9:05 PM EST
Official firmware - Android 4.0.4 XXLQ6 - has been released for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200). The update will be available first to owners in Russia but the file is compatible with a number of European countries, including the United Kingdom.
The Galaxy Tab was shipped with Android 3.2 (Honey Comb). The company has since released the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)) update (based on firmware XXLQ1) in June and update to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) is expected soon.
Owners looking to update to the official release can do so by following the tutorial below. However, IBTimes UK warns its readers it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation. Owners are also advised to install appropriate USB drivers and enable USB debugging. In addition, backup all important data before proceeding and ensure the battery carries at least 80 percent charge. Most importantly, remember the firmware is compatible only with Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200).
To Install Android 4.0.4 XXLQ6 for Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
- Download Android 4.0.4 XXLQ6 to computer
- Download Odin v1.85
- Ensure device is disconnected from computer and turn it off
- Start device in Download Mode (to do so, press Volume Down and Power buttons until warning message appears and then press Power again to enter Download Mode)
- Start Odin and connect device, while in Download Mode, to computer with USB cable
- Select these files in the order mentioned
- Click on PDA and select file named Code
- Click on Phone and select file named Modem
- Click on CSC and select file named CSC
- Click on PIT and select file ending .pit
- Note: Ignore last three if such files are not found
- Start installation via Odin
- After installation, device will reboot automatically. Unplug device after Samsung logo appears
Congratulations... the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200) is running Android 4.0.4 XXLQ6. Software version can be checked by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail: