Paula Deen Blooper Reel Shows Food Network Host Swearing While On Set Of Cooking Shows [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | September 26, 2012 4:20 AM EST
Paula Deen, the self-proclaimed queen of southern cooking, is making recent headlines for reasons other than her flavor-filled meals.
Deen, 65, is seen in a blooper reel, obtained by the New York Post, which shows the Food Network host shouting swear words like “motherf--kers” and “shee—t.”
In another part of the video, which consists of outtakes and bloopers from her show, Deen can be seen moving around the kitchen to the sound of someone passing gas.
She even pretends to perform a sex act on a chocolate eclair shortly before declaring, “My ass ain’t pretty no more!”
According to the Post, the video was given to a group called Celebrity Chefs Tour so it could be shown as an introduction to her appearances at a series of live cooking events.
But after giving the video a look, tour promoters came to the conclusion that the reel contained too many profanities to be shown in front of a family-themed cooking demonstration audience.
“We found it to be unacceptable because it’s certainly not family content,” Gary Ravet, president of Celebrity Chefs Tour told the post. “We wouldn’t play something like that for a live audience.”
As a result, Deen fired back by backing out of the 10-city tour.
The following months saw a legal fight between the queen of southern cooking and Ravet in which the recently diagnosed diabetic claimed that Ravet’s company bounced a check to her. Deen sued him for $1.25 million before he countersued for $40 million, alleging a breach of contract for failing to do the shows.
In the countersuit, obtained by the Post, Ravet pointed out that Deen’s contract required her to provide a “blooper reel” to be shown at her appearances but that they were dismayed to find out it was “laced with expletives and profanities.”
While the court battle was settled last week, the case hit a bump in the road on Monday when both sides appeared in court and Ravet told the judge he had not agreed to be a part of the settlement that required him to give the blooper reel back to Deen.
Despite Ravet’s claims, Manhattan federal Judge Alvin Hellerstein declined to let the tour promoter back out of the settlement.
As the terms of the settlement remained confidential, Ravet did tell the Post that Deen “paid a lot of money,” the sum of which exceeded the $300,000 he spent on legal fees.
Deen lives in Savannah, Georgia, where she owns and operates The Lady & Sons restaurant with her sons, Jamie and Bobby Deen. She has published five cookbooks and appeared on many Food Network shows and specials including “Paula's Party” and “Paula's Best Dishes.”
Food Network Host Paula Deen Curses Up A Storm
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers