Paula Deen Blooper Reel Shows Food Network Host Swearing While On Set Of Cooking Shows [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | September 26, 2012 4:20 AM EST
Paula Deen, the self-proclaimed queen of southern cooking, is making recent headlines for reasons other than her flavor-filled meals.
Deen, 65, is seen in a blooper reel, obtained by the New York Post, which shows the Food Network host shouting swear words like “motherf--kers” and “shee—t.”
In another part of the video, which consists of outtakes and bloopers from her show, Deen can be seen moving around the kitchen to the sound of someone passing gas.
She even pretends to perform a sex act on a chocolate eclair shortly before declaring, “My ass ain’t pretty no more!”
According to the Post, the video was given to a group called Celebrity Chefs Tour so it could be shown as an introduction to her appearances at a series of live cooking events.
But after giving the video a look, tour promoters came to the conclusion that the reel contained too many profanities to be shown in front of a family-themed cooking demonstration audience.
“We found it to be unacceptable because it’s certainly not family content,” Gary Ravet, president of Celebrity Chefs Tour told the post. “We wouldn’t play something like that for a live audience.”
As a result, Deen fired back by backing out of the 10-city tour.
The following months saw a legal fight between the queen of southern cooking and Ravet in which the recently diagnosed diabetic claimed that Ravet’s company bounced a check to her. Deen sued him for $1.25 million before he countersued for $40 million, alleging a breach of contract for failing to do the shows.
In the countersuit, obtained by the Post, Ravet pointed out that Deen’s contract required her to provide a “blooper reel” to be shown at her appearances but that they were dismayed to find out it was “laced with expletives and profanities.”
While the court battle was settled last week, the case hit a bump in the road on Monday when both sides appeared in court and Ravet told the judge he had not agreed to be a part of the settlement that required him to give the blooper reel back to Deen.
Despite Ravet’s claims, Manhattan federal Judge Alvin Hellerstein declined to let the tour promoter back out of the settlement.
As the terms of the settlement remained confidential, Ravet did tell the Post that Deen “paid a lot of money,” the sum of which exceeded the $300,000 he spent on legal fees.
Deen lives in Savannah, Georgia, where she owns and operates The Lady & Sons restaurant with her sons, Jamie and Bobby Deen. She has published five cookbooks and appeared on many Food Network shows and specials including “Paula's Party” and “Paula's Best Dishes.”
Food Network Host Paula Deen Curses Up A Storm
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown