Galaxy S3 gets its final release of official Jelly Bean update through XXDLIB firmware, thanks to Samsung
for releasing the Poland
version of the update Photo: Google
The Galaxy S3 has received its final release of official Jelly Bean update through XXDLIB firmware, thanks to Samsung for releasing the Poland version of the latest Android 4.1.1 update. The firmware is also supported across various other countries such as Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom.
IBTimes UK brings you the easiest method of CF-Root to root XXDLIB official firmware on your Galaxy S3. The CF-Root package includes the following tools:
- SuperSU v0.93
- ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery v5.5
- CWM Manager v3.6
Key Points to Note
- The rooting tool and the instructions provided in this guide are compatible only with the XXDLIB ROM running on the international version Galaxy S3 I9300 model and will not work with any other device. Be cautioned that attempting this root procedure on incompatible ROMs and devices may result in irreparable hardware damage to the unit.
- IBTimes UK advises users to backup apps, important data and settings to avoid data loss while rooting the XXDLIB official firmware for Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the rooting tool.
- Ensure that the correct USB drivers are installed for your Galaxy S3 to enable USB connectivity with your computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers.
- Enable USB debugging mode, which helps connect your Android phone with the computer.
- Verify that your phone battery is fully charged or holds at least 85 percent charge to avoid unexpected device shutdown while rooting or flashing the ROM.
- Make sure that your phone's bootloader is factory unlocked and XXDLIB based Jelly Bean firmware is installed on it, before proceeding with the CF-root procedure.
How to Root XXDLIB Based Official Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300 Using CF-Root
Step 1 - Download CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.zip for Galaxy S3 on your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 (optional) which is needed to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
Step 3 - Power off your phone and boot into Download Mode on your phone. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons together and finally tap the Power button till you get the construction Android robot icon with a triangle on screen. Hit Power button again to confirm entry into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on your computer and plug-in your phone to the USB port on the computer while your phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 5 - If the phone connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will indicate yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This step is time consuming, so leave it alone.
Step 6 - Choose the root package file you downloaded in step 1 to flash/install on your phone.
Step 7 - Click PDA button and choose the file CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar.
Step 8 - In ODIN, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Leave all other options at default.
Step 9 - Click Start button in ODIN and the installation process will begin. The process should take a few minutes to complete. So, leave it alone.
Step 10 - Once ODIN is installed, your phone will reboot. When the home screen pops-up, disconnect your phone from the computer.
Your Samsung Galaxy S3 phone is now successfully rooted on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean based on XXDLIB firmware update. Check if the Superuser app is seen in your apps list to confirm a successful root.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: