Manchester United Transfer News: Neymar and Isco Involved in Latest Speculation
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | September 25, 2012 7:03 AM EST
Manchester United have again been involved in speculation about the future of Malaga attacking midfielder Isco. The Spain Under-21 international has been linked with a move away from the La Liga side for some time due to Malaga’s financial problems.
The number of clubs linked to the 20-year-old only increased when Isco scored two sublime goals in the Champions League against Zenit St Petersburg last week.
Manchester United are one of the clubs interested, according to the Daily Mirror, though there promises to be stiff competition with Arsenal and Juventus also in pursuit and Tottenham and Liverpool said to have already sent scouts to watch him in action.
The Mirror claims that Malaga could be willing to sanction a cut price January transfer. A move to United would appear unlikely, however, with Shinji Kagawa having recently arrived to occupy the prized No.10 role.
Another highly-rated young attacker that Manchester United have been linked to of late is Brazilian Neymar. Surprising reports emerged from the Sun earlier this month that United made a £38 million offer for the 20-year-old Santos star on the final day of the summer transfer window.
Neymar’s future has long been the subject of much conjecture, with most of Europe’s biggest clubs—including Barcelona, Real Madrid and Chelsea—all said to be pursuing the forward. However, it now appears that Paris Saint-Germain may blow their rivals out of the water with a staggering £85 million offer, according to Metro.
While it was thought that Neymar would remain in Brazil until after the 2014 World Cup, Metro now claims that he is ready to depart. PSG have already lured one Brazilian target away from United’s clutches with their recent signing of Sao Paulo attacking midfielder Lucas Moura.
Former PSG and Brazil midfielder Rai has said that the signing of Neymar may be even more complex, but that he could wind up in the French capital.
“It will be difficult to convince Neymar to move to Paris, because there are a lot of clubs after his signature,' Rai told Le 10 Sport.
“But PSG have already signed Thiago Silva, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Lucas Moura. I believe they are all players who were difficult for PSG to convince as well.
“PSG will face stiff competition for his signature, so you can't make any guarantees. I hope that they will manage to sign him, though. It will be very difficult, but it's definitely possible.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 New Teaser Video, Spoilers: ‘Don’t Hesitate, They Won’t’
- 'Castle' Season 6 Spoilers: Episode 6 To Explore The Question What If Castle And Beckett Never Met -- Report
- FIA Revises Ban On Radio And Pit Board Communication
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best