Manchester United Transfer News: Neymar and Isco Involved in Latest Speculation
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | September 25, 2012 7:03 AM EST
Manchester United have again been involved in speculation about the future of Malaga attacking midfielder Isco. The Spain Under-21 international has been linked with a move away from the La Liga side for some time due to Malaga’s financial problems.
The number of clubs linked to the 20-year-old only increased when Isco scored two sublime goals in the Champions League against Zenit St Petersburg last week.
Manchester United are one of the clubs interested, according to the Daily Mirror, though there promises to be stiff competition with Arsenal and Juventus also in pursuit and Tottenham and Liverpool said to have already sent scouts to watch him in action.
The Mirror claims that Malaga could be willing to sanction a cut price January transfer. A move to United would appear unlikely, however, with Shinji Kagawa having recently arrived to occupy the prized No.10 role.
Another highly-rated young attacker that Manchester United have been linked to of late is Brazilian Neymar. Surprising reports emerged from the Sun earlier this month that United made a £38 million offer for the 20-year-old Santos star on the final day of the summer transfer window.
Neymar’s future has long been the subject of much conjecture, with most of Europe’s biggest clubs—including Barcelona, Real Madrid and Chelsea—all said to be pursuing the forward. However, it now appears that Paris Saint-Germain may blow their rivals out of the water with a staggering £85 million offer, according to Metro.
While it was thought that Neymar would remain in Brazil until after the 2014 World Cup, Metro now claims that he is ready to depart. PSG have already lured one Brazilian target away from United’s clutches with their recent signing of Sao Paulo attacking midfielder Lucas Moura.
Former PSG and Brazil midfielder Rai has said that the signing of Neymar may be even more complex, but that he could wind up in the French capital.
“It will be difficult to convince Neymar to move to Paris, because there are a lot of clubs after his signature,' Rai told Le 10 Sport.
“But PSG have already signed Thiago Silva, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Lucas Moura. I believe they are all players who were difficult for PSG to convince as well.
“PSG will face stiff competition for his signature, so you can't make any guarantees. I hope that they will manage to sign him, though. It will be very difficult, but it's definitely possible.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Vladimir Putin Will Step Down as Russia's President, Space War is Better Alternative than Nukes
- Apple Could Release 2015 Cellubar MacBook as New Killer Components Appear
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- US Can Revive Nuclear Power But Could Spark War
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft