Manchester United Transfer News: Neymar and Isco Involved in Latest Speculation
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | September 25, 2012 7:03 AM EST
Manchester United have again been involved in speculation about the future of Malaga attacking midfielder Isco. The Spain Under-21 international has been linked with a move away from the La Liga side for some time due to Malaga’s financial problems.
The number of clubs linked to the 20-year-old only increased when Isco scored two sublime goals in the Champions League against Zenit St Petersburg last week.
Manchester United are one of the clubs interested, according to the Daily Mirror, though there promises to be stiff competition with Arsenal and Juventus also in pursuit and Tottenham and Liverpool said to have already sent scouts to watch him in action.
The Mirror claims that Malaga could be willing to sanction a cut price January transfer. A move to United would appear unlikely, however, with Shinji Kagawa having recently arrived to occupy the prized No.10 role.
Another highly-rated young attacker that Manchester United have been linked to of late is Brazilian Neymar. Surprising reports emerged from the Sun earlier this month that United made a £38 million offer for the 20-year-old Santos star on the final day of the summer transfer window.
Neymar’s future has long been the subject of much conjecture, with most of Europe’s biggest clubs—including Barcelona, Real Madrid and Chelsea—all said to be pursuing the forward. However, it now appears that Paris Saint-Germain may blow their rivals out of the water with a staggering £85 million offer, according to Metro.
While it was thought that Neymar would remain in Brazil until after the 2014 World Cup, Metro now claims that he is ready to depart. PSG have already lured one Brazilian target away from United’s clutches with their recent signing of Sao Paulo attacking midfielder Lucas Moura.
Former PSG and Brazil midfielder Rai has said that the signing of Neymar may be even more complex, but that he could wind up in the French capital.
“It will be difficult to convince Neymar to move to Paris, because there are a lot of clubs after his signature,' Rai told Le 10 Sport.
“But PSG have already signed Thiago Silva, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Lucas Moura. I believe they are all players who were difficult for PSG to convince as well.
“PSG will face stiff competition for his signature, so you can't make any guarantees. I hope that they will manage to sign him, though. It will be very difficult, but it's definitely possible.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch