Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Oakland Raiders: Where to Watch Live Stream Online, Preview, Prediction
September 24, 2012 2:59 AM EST
The Pittsburgh Steelers and Oakland Raiders are set to square off in Week 3 of the 2012 NFL season.
The contest is set to get underway at 4:25 p.m. ET at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. The game will be broadcast on CBS. If you can’t get to a TV or don’t have the game in your local market, you can watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Oakland might be the worst team in football. They’re just one of six teams to go winless in the first two weeks of this season, and have looked bad doing so. The Raiders have carried their offensive struggles over from the preseason, averaging just 13.5 points per game.
Since the Raiders have struggled so much, they are underdogs at home. Pittsburgh is a 3.5-point favorite on Sunday.
Darren McFadden’s problems usually stem from health issues, but this year he’s been unproductive, even though he’s avoided injury. The running back has 54 yards on 26 carries.
If McFadden can’t get back on track, the Raiders will have to rely on Carom Palmer to lead them down the field. He’s thrown for 670 yards in 2012, but has had trouble in putting the ball in the end zone. Darrius Heyward-Bey has struggled, receiving 84 yards in two games.
Ben Roethlisberger will lead a 1-1 Steelers team that is coming off a victory against the Jets. He’ll try to take advantage of a banged up Oakland secondary. They’ll be without starting cornerbacks Ron Bartell and Shawntae Spencer
The Raiders defense will have to contend with the one-two punch of Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. The wide outs have caught a combined 20 balls for 264 yards this season.
Pittsburgh is also battling injuries. Linebacker James Harrison, safety Troy Polamalu and running back Rashard Mendenhall will all be sidelined.
Prediction: It’s never easy for an team on the east to travel to the west coast and win a game. However, the Steelers are much better than the Raiders. Roethlisberger should be able to take advantage of Oakland’s secondary an throw for a lot of yards.
Predicted Score: Pittsburgh 30, Oakland 13
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans