Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Oakland Raiders: Where to Watch Live Stream Online, Preview, Prediction
September 24, 2012 2:59 AM EST
The Pittsburgh Steelers and Oakland Raiders are set to square off in Week 3 of the 2012 NFL season.
The contest is set to get underway at 4:25 p.m. ET at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. The game will be broadcast on CBS. If you can’t get to a TV or don’t have the game in your local market, you can watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Oakland might be the worst team in football. They’re just one of six teams to go winless in the first two weeks of this season, and have looked bad doing so. The Raiders have carried their offensive struggles over from the preseason, averaging just 13.5 points per game.
Since the Raiders have struggled so much, they are underdogs at home. Pittsburgh is a 3.5-point favorite on Sunday.
Darren McFadden’s problems usually stem from health issues, but this year he’s been unproductive, even though he’s avoided injury. The running back has 54 yards on 26 carries.
If McFadden can’t get back on track, the Raiders will have to rely on Carom Palmer to lead them down the field. He’s thrown for 670 yards in 2012, but has had trouble in putting the ball in the end zone. Darrius Heyward-Bey has struggled, receiving 84 yards in two games.
Ben Roethlisberger will lead a 1-1 Steelers team that is coming off a victory against the Jets. He’ll try to take advantage of a banged up Oakland secondary. They’ll be without starting cornerbacks Ron Bartell and Shawntae Spencer
The Raiders defense will have to contend with the one-two punch of Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. The wide outs have caught a combined 20 balls for 264 yards this season.
Pittsburgh is also battling injuries. Linebacker James Harrison, safety Troy Polamalu and running back Rashard Mendenhall will all be sidelined.
Prediction: It’s never easy for an team on the east to travel to the west coast and win a game. However, the Steelers are much better than the Raiders. Roethlisberger should be able to take advantage of Oakland’s secondary an throw for a lot of yards.
Predicted Score: Pittsburgh 30, Oakland 13
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Gotham' Episode 2 Spoilers: Jim Gordon To Investigate Child Trafficking Racket, Batman Villian Penguin To Rise
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- Rory McIlroy Says Winning Form Down To Break-Up With Caroline Wozniacki
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers