Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Oakland Raiders: Where to Watch Live Stream Online, Preview, Prediction
September 24, 2012 2:59 AM EST
The Pittsburgh Steelers and Oakland Raiders are set to square off in Week 3 of the 2012 NFL season.
The contest is set to get underway at 4:25 p.m. ET at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. The game will be broadcast on CBS. If you can’t get to a TV or don’t have the game in your local market, you can watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Oakland might be the worst team in football. They’re just one of six teams to go winless in the first two weeks of this season, and have looked bad doing so. The Raiders have carried their offensive struggles over from the preseason, averaging just 13.5 points per game.
Since the Raiders have struggled so much, they are underdogs at home. Pittsburgh is a 3.5-point favorite on Sunday.
Darren McFadden’s problems usually stem from health issues, but this year he’s been unproductive, even though he’s avoided injury. The running back has 54 yards on 26 carries.
If McFadden can’t get back on track, the Raiders will have to rely on Carom Palmer to lead them down the field. He’s thrown for 670 yards in 2012, but has had trouble in putting the ball in the end zone. Darrius Heyward-Bey has struggled, receiving 84 yards in two games.
Ben Roethlisberger will lead a 1-1 Steelers team that is coming off a victory against the Jets. He’ll try to take advantage of a banged up Oakland secondary. They’ll be without starting cornerbacks Ron Bartell and Shawntae Spencer
The Raiders defense will have to contend with the one-two punch of Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. The wide outs have caught a combined 20 balls for 264 yards this season.
Pittsburgh is also battling injuries. Linebacker James Harrison, safety Troy Polamalu and running back Rashard Mendenhall will all be sidelined.
Prediction: It’s never easy for an team on the east to travel to the west coast and win a game. However, the Steelers are much better than the Raiders. Roethlisberger should be able to take advantage of Oakland’s secondary an throw for a lot of yards.
Predicted Score: Pittsburgh 30, Oakland 13
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Australian MP Andrew Wilkie Slammed For 'Embarrassing' ICC Letter To Prosecute Abbott Gov't
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier