Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Oakland Raiders: Where to Watch Live Stream Online, Preview, Prediction
September 24, 2012 2:59 AM EST
The Pittsburgh Steelers and Oakland Raiders are set to square off in Week 3 of the 2012 NFL season.
The contest is set to get underway at 4:25 p.m. ET at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. The game will be broadcast on CBS. If you can’t get to a TV or don’t have the game in your local market, you can watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Oakland might be the worst team in football. They’re just one of six teams to go winless in the first two weeks of this season, and have looked bad doing so. The Raiders have carried their offensive struggles over from the preseason, averaging just 13.5 points per game.
Since the Raiders have struggled so much, they are underdogs at home. Pittsburgh is a 3.5-point favorite on Sunday.
Darren McFadden’s problems usually stem from health issues, but this year he’s been unproductive, even though he’s avoided injury. The running back has 54 yards on 26 carries.
If McFadden can’t get back on track, the Raiders will have to rely on Carom Palmer to lead them down the field. He’s thrown for 670 yards in 2012, but has had trouble in putting the ball in the end zone. Darrius Heyward-Bey has struggled, receiving 84 yards in two games.
Ben Roethlisberger will lead a 1-1 Steelers team that is coming off a victory against the Jets. He’ll try to take advantage of a banged up Oakland secondary. They’ll be without starting cornerbacks Ron Bartell and Shawntae Spencer
The Raiders defense will have to contend with the one-two punch of Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. The wide outs have caught a combined 20 balls for 264 yards this season.
Pittsburgh is also battling injuries. Linebacker James Harrison, safety Troy Polamalu and running back Rashard Mendenhall will all be sidelined.
Prediction: It’s never easy for an team on the east to travel to the west coast and win a game. However, the Steelers are much better than the Raiders. Roethlisberger should be able to take advantage of Oakland’s secondary an throw for a lot of yards.
Predicted Score: Pittsburgh 30, Oakland 13
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPad Mini 2 vs. iPad Mini 3 Deals: iPad Mini 2 Offers Same Hardware For Less Price
- How To Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using SlimSaber Custom ROM
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video Teases Terror Night At Whitmore Homecoming Corn Maze in Episode 5 [WATCH]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Nathan Fillion And Paul Ben-Victor Reunite, Season 7 Gets An Episode More, Episode 5 Synopsis Revealed
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports