After Samsung, Motorola Takes Dig at Apple Maps in New Advertisement
By greeshma m | September 23, 2012 9:27 PM EST
After Samsung, Motorola Mobility has now taken its rivalry against Apple to public. The Google-owned company has posted an advertisement which directly prods fun at the Apple Maps application.
Appearing on Motorola's Facebook and Google+ pages, the advertisement is captioned: "The real world that's fit for your hand," while giving a clear view of Google Maps and Apple Maps side by side. Right below Apple's iPhone is a hash tag which read "#iLost".
On the Facebook page of Motorola, the same advertisement was posted twice with two different captions. The first one posted on Saturday read as: "Google Maps on Droid RAZR M will get you there & not #iLost in Brooklyn."
The second post uploaded the following day on Sunday said, "Google Maps reports live traffic in green, yellow, and red to be as helpful as possible so you don't feel #iLost planning your trip."
Motorola's latest move seems to be an act of revenge against the Cupertino firm for dropping Google Maps in a bid to boost its in-house mapping application.
Since its release in June, Apple Maps was found to have several flaws, often providing misleading information and geographical errors to users. Several users have touted the application as a failure, finding it to be quite slow and inaccurate.
Though Apple has released a few advertisements, mostly aimed at sales, the company is quite slow in responding to rival advertisements. A week earlier, South-Korean firm Samsung launched an advertisement campaign against Apple and gave an indication that iPhone 5 is a step behind Galaxy S3 by giving a clear-cut comparison of the two flagship devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Fairfax Chief Executive Greg Hywood Reiterates Commitment to Radio; No Merger With Macquarie Radio
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June