After Samsung, Motorola Takes Dig at Apple Maps in New Advertisement
By greeshma m | September 23, 2012 9:27 PM EST
After Samsung, Motorola Mobility has now taken its rivalry against Apple to public. The Google-owned company has posted an advertisement which directly prods fun at the Apple Maps application.
Appearing on Motorola's Facebook and Google+ pages, the advertisement is captioned: "The real world that's fit for your hand," while giving a clear view of Google Maps and Apple Maps side by side. Right below Apple's iPhone is a hash tag which read "#iLost".
On the Facebook page of Motorola, the same advertisement was posted twice with two different captions. The first one posted on Saturday read as: "Google Maps on Droid RAZR M will get you there & not #iLost in Brooklyn."
The second post uploaded the following day on Sunday said, "Google Maps reports live traffic in green, yellow, and red to be as helpful as possible so you don't feel #iLost planning your trip."
Motorola's latest move seems to be an act of revenge against the Cupertino firm for dropping Google Maps in a bid to boost its in-house mapping application.
Since its release in June, Apple Maps was found to have several flaws, often providing misleading information and geographical errors to users. Several users have touted the application as a failure, finding it to be quite slow and inaccurate.
Though Apple has released a few advertisements, mostly aimed at sales, the company is quite slow in responding to rival advertisements. A week earlier, South-Korean firm Samsung launched an advertisement campaign against Apple and gave an indication that iPhone 5 is a step behind Galaxy S3 by giving a clear-cut comparison of the two flagship devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points