After Samsung, Motorola Takes Dig at Apple Maps in New Advertisement
By greeshma m | September 23, 2012 9:27 PM EST
After Samsung, Motorola Mobility has now taken its rivalry against Apple to public. The Google-owned company has posted an advertisement which directly prods fun at the Apple Maps application.
Appearing on Motorola's Facebook and Google+ pages, the advertisement is captioned: "The real world that's fit for your hand," while giving a clear view of Google Maps and Apple Maps side by side. Right below Apple's iPhone is a hash tag which read "#iLost".
On the Facebook page of Motorola, the same advertisement was posted twice with two different captions. The first one posted on Saturday read as: "Google Maps on Droid RAZR M will get you there & not #iLost in Brooklyn."
The second post uploaded the following day on Sunday said, "Google Maps reports live traffic in green, yellow, and red to be as helpful as possible so you don't feel #iLost planning your trip."
Motorola's latest move seems to be an act of revenge against the Cupertino firm for dropping Google Maps in a bid to boost its in-house mapping application.
Since its release in June, Apple Maps was found to have several flaws, often providing misleading information and geographical errors to users. Several users have touted the application as a failure, finding it to be quite slow and inaccurate.
Though Apple has released a few advertisements, mostly aimed at sales, the company is quite slow in responding to rival advertisements. A week earlier, South-Korean firm Samsung launched an advertisement campaign against Apple and gave an indication that iPhone 5 is a step behind Galaxy S3 by giving a clear-cut comparison of the two flagship devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports