Man United Target Valencia Midfielder as Future Scoles Replacement – Report
By Adrian Back | September 21, 2012 8:23 PM EST
Manchester United have been linked with Valencia midfielder Sofiane Feghouli as Sir Alex Ferguson continues his search for a successor to Paul Scholes.
Ferguson has consistently been linked with numerous midfielders as Scholes comes ever closer to walking away from the game for good. However, United have strengthened more in attack and defence in recent seasons.
Shinja Kagawa arrived in the summer, but his style is very different from that of Scholes. Nick Powell was also compared to the former England international by Ferguson, however, he is still inexperienced and learning his trade.
The 22-year-old arrived in Spain back in the summer of 2010 and last season managed to break in to the first team, as he made 29 appearances in the league and scored six goals.
Feghouli was a regular in Europe as well, playing 13 matches and representing Valencia both in the Champions league, and then helping the club reach the semi-finals of the Europa League.
The attacking midfielder has also scored two goals in six appearances for Algeria having made the decision to switch allegiances from France who he played for at Under-18 and Under-21 level.
The former Grenoble midfielder has made an impressive start to the season, scoring two goals in his first four league games for Valencia.
Spartak manager Unai Emery knows the player well having first signed him for Valencia before deciding to leave the club in the summer, despite having led them to Champions League qualification.
Feghouli still has two years remaining on his contract, but it seems United will be monitoring his progress as they look to see whether he has the ability to succeed Scholes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best